Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of... I'm glad the SHO is back...in SHC format.

Now on to my question.

I'm deciding on what tires to get. But i'm not sure whats good.
My car is mostly daily driver. I dont race that much and if i do, i only care for cornering and stability. SInce we all know that stock tires on 5GEN suck donkey balls in dry conditions....in wet..well driving slicks would be safer IMO:rolleyes: So i need something that would have excelent DRY/WET traction i guess decent tread life..something that can last 2 years ...only summer time driving....since winter i put the stocks on.

Here is list pf tires which i like:
1. MICHELIN Pilot Sport
2. BRIDGESTONE RE730 - Potenza S-02 Pole Position
3. YOKOHAMA AVS Sport
4. FALKEN FK451 - ZE502
5. AVON ZZ1

What do you guys think I should go for?

·
Registered
814 Posts
laughin2.2 said:
I know they aren't on your list, but everyone that I know and myself run Khumo Ecstas.
i will also have to give a thumbs up to the 712's... i have my te37s' wrapped in 17/45/215's, and i couldnt ask for anything more, especially when you consider i paid 80 bucks a tire...

·
Registered
101 Posts
element h22 said:
what about the yokohama paradas??? i've heard good and bad things about em'... what do ya'll think?
I am going through my second set right now, honestly there is nothing good or bad about them, but I think my next set will be something different.

·
Registered
47 Posts
falkens arent horrible tires, but i would recommend choosing another. im actually in the market for new tires too, and i can tell you that the falkens arent great in the rain. what do you guys think of the dunlops?

·
Registered
484 Posts
i personaly have the potenzas and they r sweet man. the tread life on them is pretty good ive had mine for a lil over a year now. Both of my brothers have the paradas. i would have to say for the money and overall value, id go with the paradas although supposedly the tread life on them isnt as good as the potenzas. i guess it all really depends on how you drive ur kar.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.