Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am very close to throwing a 4 sale sign on the LX to get a 5th gen. h/b

I am expecting to get around 10k for the car (will go back to stock).

What would you get with the 10k?

Here's what I am thinking:

$3,500 white h/b
$4k B18C1
$400 Vis c/f hood
$450 cat-back
$175 AEM c/a/i
??? vtec controller
<$1,000 set of wheels (not sure at the moment what ones)
Possibly (if the install is not difficult) GSR gauge cluster $250

Smaller stuff:
$150 Angel Eye headlights
$30 either JDm or euro corners
$115 red / clear tails

Already have:
Ground Control coilovers
Bilstein HD shocks
Alarm and friend to install it :)

Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
hmmmm how bout $3500 on your hatch, then $5000 on a totaled GSR, leaves $1500 to play with :)

·
Registered
396 Posts
imo, the carbon fiber hood is gonna be a waste of money. unless you plan on stripping the entire car, removing all power accessories, and any other extra weight. saving 20lbs on the hood is nowhere near worth $500.
as for the rest of the mods, you could save money by using the search to find a DIY cold air intake.... fifty bucks instead of $250. don't bother with a VTEC controller until you do some engine mods, it won't make any difference. everything else sounds good man, i wouldn't put the money into the "Smaller stuff", but it's your car.
oh, are you sure you want a white one? :D

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
klungemonger said:
I agree with trentdx, I've seen very low mileage GSR wrecks with good motor and brakes, leather interior for $5500. you could strip almost everything off it and have a seriously phat street machine with all the goodies in it! Brake/motor swap, guages, everything.;)
And then you could probably make some of the money back by selling the stripped body for parts..

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
97CIVICoupe said:
And then you could probably make some of the money back by selling the stripped body for parts..
you only wish you could :( it's hard to sell shit after you've stripped it off the car
can't believe he'd rather have h22 than to do b18c1/w break upgrade, transplant dash
seats, front and rear since it's hatch, it you wanna get crazy, moon roof, power everything
best part, gauge cluster read acurate miles for engine, and you have EVERYTHING you need for the swap

oh and you'd have gsr wheels too, imo this is the best way to do a swap, that's what i did, only with an Si :D

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I'm sure it is tough, but I just meant the left over body parts.. Like, put the headlights, tail lights, bumpers (if they're usable) on eBay and try to get some cash.. Just the things that he wouldn't be able to use on the hatch.. I dunno..

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
don't matter anyway till he buys a car and engine he's just another kid online that
"wants to go hybrid" wouldn't be the first on here to say there are going hybrid and never
hear anything more about the plans, everyone wants a swap, but hardly anyones done em
go figure :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
trentdx said:
don't matter anyway till he buys a car and engine he's just another kid online that
"wants to go hybrid" wouldn't be the first on here to say there are going hybrid and never
hear anything more about the plans, everyone wants a swap, but hardly anyones done em
BUT...you have. You're not like those other kids: you're special! :D

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
klungemonger said:
BUT...you have. You're not like those other kids: you're special! :D
lol thanks for the new quote in my sig :D

and yeah it's true, i'm a b-series snob

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
trentdx said:
lol thanks for the new quote in my sig :D

and yeah it's true, i'm a b-series snob
Hmmm...I'm honored to be quoted, but at the same time I'm dismayed to be quoted right underneath that fool you snatched the other verbage from!!! :p Blah!

I love any Honda engine, it's all good! But I'm staying D-series, not only because of funds, but I've made it a personal mission to prove they aren't dumpster fodder! I will get 14s n/a!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
trentdx said:
Very true except the kid part ;)

One true thing that is pretty BIG is that I have the title for my LX and I know that's 10k in my pocket if I sell it. I'm going to discuss it with my parents when they get back from the cruise.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
klungemonger said:
My advice is to be done with everything BEFORE they get back or they may squash your plans...;)
My dad said I can do whatever, but my mom doesn't want me to get rid of the car. They gave it to me for 5k and she wants me to keep it since they really did not want to sell it to me in the first place.

Sorry, tired of the ricers in town. I need some go!! Also, tired of an automatic :eek:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
klungemonger said:
Yeah, you dont want to sell it and have no car to shop around in. Or there be nothing you want to buy for sale when yours is gone. Nice to have a little play money to work with. I wouldn't know about that, but it sounds nice! :p
Yeah, I finally got a career going so the money is looking nice :)
I'm putting up over $1,200 a month living at home. I'm going to start looking and if I find one for a good deal that fits my criteria (stock, white, great condition, 5 speed) then I can grab a quick loan and just slap 1k on it a month to knock it out by the end of the year.

I'm going to place a WANT ad in the free newspaper classifieds here......

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
klungemonger said:
Hmmm...I'm honored to be quoted, but at the same time I'm dismayed to be quoted right underneath that fool you snatched the other verbage from!!! :p Blah!

I love any Honda engine, it's all good! But I'm staying D-series, not only because of funds, but I've made it a personal mission to prove they aren't dumpster fodder! I will get 14s n/a!
k your on top now happy? it's not that i don't have faith in d motors, i just don't like them :D

my mission? hmmm run 13's in a civic don't care how i get there :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts