Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got an old compaq computer sitting here... the thing is junk... alls left is the case, power supply, mobo and cpu... and if i remember correctly, your not supposed to just throw them away but recycle them... in your guys's towns, where do you take your junk computers... just to give me an idea as to where i should take mine

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I've been wondering what to do with my junk computers too. I have like 3 unused broken computer at home. all stripped apart only the case, mobo and the cpu is there.

I think there is a place where they pay you like $5 per computer if you give it to them...I lost the number....damm I could of made $15

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
I usually reuse old compaq cases because they are solid (the old ones are) and they have a wonderful quick dismount for all the drives.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
I use computer power supplies for lots of random things, if anyone has an extra old supply they wanna give me :D I could paypal shipping costs plus 5 bucks or something

But once i pull out the power supply ill throw the case, mobo, and cpu out at the town landfill, they usually have an electronics section

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I didnt know old computers had any value at all. I have an old '97 Presario 4504 that is complete and funtional.....

Just FYI, computers are considered toxic waste because of carcinogenic chemicals in the printed circuit boards and electronics. same with TVs, monitors, VCRs, DVD players, cell phones, etc.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
1.) Use it in line with your internet connection and make it into a firewall.

2.) FTP server

3.) Garage computer - right now I've got an old p1 200 MHz in the garage for parts installs, streaming mp3s while working, etc. It was a great help to put in my fogs as I went through an online install guide with color pictures!

·
Registered
9,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Leprechaun said:

2.) FTP server

3.) Garage computer - right now I've got an old p1 200 MHz in the garage for parts installs, streaming mp3s while working, etc. It was a great help to put in my fogs as I went through an online install guide with color pictures!

those do sound like good ideas... but this computer is bare bones... and isnt worth it...

i had it cause i was gonna try and see if the cpu would fit into another mobo that i have...

but the garage idea is cool, if only i had a bigger garage

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts
Leprechaun said:

2.) FTP server

if you need an install guide for fog lights........................

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Anomoly said:
if you need an install guide for fog lights........................
To install the fog lights I had to do wiring under the hood, take apart center console, all the plastic crap around and under the steering wheel and do a fair amount of wiring within the car. There were a couple places that were hard to see and a good pic was helpful in figuring out what I needed to do. It's always nice to have 2 sets of an install guide...one from Acura and one with real color pics. Grow up :rolleyes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts