Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
damn, i always screw myself somehow. theres this girl i work with, michelle, shes 22, gonna be 23 soon i think, and ill be 18 in about a month. anyways, we always talk, but dont hang out other than at work b/c of the whole age thing. well last night a girl we both know and a lotta people from work know got married, so i took michelle to the wedding as my date. we had a really great time with all our friends and co-workers but it just ended too quickly. anyways, im not sure if this was such a good idea b/c what was a fairly large crush on michelle to begin with and now developed into an even larger one. so im at a loss for what to do. even though shes 4.XXXX years older than me, id do anything for her. right now im in a slight state of depression b/c i know i cant have her and im just recalling the good time we had last night together.

any thoughts, suggestions, comments anyone wanna share that might gimme an idea or perhaps just raise my spirits a little?

thanks,
Scott®

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
now if she went with you as her date... why dont you have a chance with her? that doesnt make ane sense to me.. she said yes to go with you i assume, and now you are saying that you have no chance with her. i think you are the one who said the same thing before, about her being older than you, let me tell you this, unless she (or you) are really shallow, age shouldnt matter. if you like her enough and if she likes you enough, then dont worry about age..

just have fun, be yourself, you have to be doing something right if she said yes to being your date for a wedding.. :)

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HondaWOMAN said:
now if she went with you as her date... why dont you have a chance with her? that doesnt make ane sense to me.. she said yes to go with you i assume, and now you are saying that you have no chance with her. i think you are the one who said the same thing before, about her being older than you, let me tell you this, unless she (or you) are really shallow, age shouldnt matter. if you like her enough and if she likes you enough, then dont worry about age..

just have fun, be yourself, you have to be doing something right if she said yes to being your date for a wedding.. :)
well i think to her we went only as friends, and i knew this, even though i wanted more

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
doesnt hurt to try, right? get to know her a lil better and ask her out! If you get rejected no biggie find other girls.

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
1200mk said:
doesnt hurt to try, right? get to know her a lil better and ask her out! If you get rejected no biggie find other girls.
Ya but the guy works with her.. so it would be extremly akward if he got rejected by her.. and continued to work with this gurl... Damn your friends would envy you if had an older woman.. haha i know my friends did.. my exgf is 2.5 years older than me.. anyways.. my advice to you.. just hang out with her more often.. I dont know how.. getting past the part of just being 'office friends' is the hardest part.. Do u ever go on lunch breaks? Or do u just stay at the office?.. Maybe if u get the guts, after if she wants to grab something to eat quickly..

Good luck..

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
ExtremeCiv said:
well i think to her we went only as friends, and i knew this, even though i wanted more

okay, does she know that you like her?

if she does, then just tell her that you wouldnt mind being more than friends, and that you would like to see what happens.

if no, then tell her, do it in a way where she wont feel too preasured to do anything that she doesnt want to...

again.. ill finish when i get back from the movies...

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hotboy said:
Ya but the guy works with her.. so it would be extremly akward if he got rejected by her.. and continued to work with this gurl... Damn your friends would envy you if had an older woman.. haha i know my friends did.. my exgf is 2.5 years older than me.. anyways.. my advice to you.. just hang out with her more often.. I dont know how.. getting past the part of just being 'office friends' is the hardest part.. Do u ever go on lunch breaks? Or do u just stay at the office?.. Maybe if u get the guts, after if she wants to grab something to eat quickly..

Good luck..
nah, we work at a restaraunt and dont get breaks like that. she informed me tonight that i was an excellent date as i acted like a gentleman, opening doors, gettin her drinks, pullin out the chairs and whatnot. so i thought it would be the perfect time to ask her if she wanted to do something socially sometime. shes like "i dunno" then not to act disappointed, which i was, i quickly threw in a "well, it wouldnt be like a date, itd be like you, me, jason (friend from work), and betsy (michelles sister, 24). she only dignified this with a 'maybe'. now im moving in about 4 months, and probably wont come back to NWI to visit much, if at all. so sometime, i gotta tell her how i feel, or ill kick myself in the pants later on. i wanna do it now, but like bob said i dont want things to be awkward with her. i want things to be like they are now, and not change for the worse, only better. i think i seriously need to see a phyciatrist for my problems. well, time to smoke some bud to forget all my woes. thanks for everyones help...

Scott®

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
first off age aint nuthin but a number.....second if ur moving in a couple months i'd ask her out and be like well we are such great friends and i thought it'd be a nice idea to take u out for always being such a kewl friend with me at work...word it like that, i mean she should be flattered by that and say yes, i dunno gurls are different what would work on me wont work on a different gurl, good luck tho u got 4mos to convince her to go out so i'd work up the courage to do so

1 - 9 of 9 Posts