Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what to use for a N.A sohc vtec monster

my first plan was to do the mini me swap in my 93 4door civic, but im unsure now. i allready have the 96 ex tranny , flywheel, and centerforce clutch, i also have a greddy header , aem cold air intake,and a b&m fuel presure regulater . i was just gonna do the ex head but i have 176,000 on the motor so i think i should get new pistons . what i need to know is if i should just get the head and high compression pistons , or get a new block too . also i dont realy know what head,ecu,block,or pistons i should do. like i said im trying to make a all motor 4door civic that blows away those turbo eclipse's, so any info is much appreciated. thanks

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
in my buddy's car...

b18
jun 4 cams
heavy ass valvesprings (unsure of make)
port/polish exhaust, port/no polish intake
bigger injectors (310cc?)
carillo rods
forged pistons (unsure of make)
short ram intake
header/greddy evo2 exhaust

its a screamer... it revs to high heaven... starts to lose power around 9 and a half grand...

hope this helps...

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
hobie237 said:
that is not a SOHC

Hey man run higher compression pistons(12.5 to 1) a zex cam,B18B rods,build the head(P&P,shaved,bigger valves) Edlebrock intake manifold,a B18C throttlebody,slightly bigger fuel injectors,and Hondata

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
and man to tell the truth you will not be able to "blow away" turbo'd eclipses with a all motor D16.

You gotta boost it

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
98civic4door said:
and man to tell the truth you will not be able to "blow away" turbo'd eclipses with a all motor D16.

You gotta boost it
I agree, it really is the easiest way to make the most out of the D. Yes, it is possible to match a turbo D on horsepower with an all-motor set up, but in general, you'll never have as much torque. The extra money you spend on maintence with a turbo motor is balanced out by the extra funds you'd spend on trying to squeeze power out of an all motor setup. And to tell you the truth, I really don't do that much extra maintence than I would have if I was still NA. There's no need to be scared of going turbo, unless you think all the extra time and effort it would take to make a all motor, torque-less screamer work is worth it. :D

·
Registered
757 Posts
Peteex said:
I agree, it really is the easiest way to make the most out of the D. Yes, it is possible to match a turbo D on horsepower with an all-motor set up, but in general, you'll never have as much torque. The extra money you spend on maintence with a turbo motor is balanced out by the extra funds you'd spend on trying to squeeze power out of an all motor setup. And to tell you the truth, I really don't do that much extra maintence than I would have if I was still NA. There's no need to be scared of going turbo, unless you think all the extra time and effort it would take to make a all motor, torque-less screamer work is worth it. :D
Hater :D jp. Its all good ill be wearin this when i pass you MUAHAHAHAHAHA

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well the reason i want it all motor is because its my daily driver. im looking for a reliable street setup with around 250-300 hp, . but if any one knows of a fairly unexpensive and reiable way to turbo the d16z6 motor i got could you hook me up with a parts list. thanks

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
87bones said:
well the reason i want it all motor is because its my daily driver. im looking for a reliable street setup with around 250-300 hp, . but if any one knows of a fairly unexpensive and reiable way to turbo the d16z6 motor i got could you hook me up with a parts list. thanks
you have a PM

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
87bones said:

there are plenty of turbo daily drivers

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so if i do a turbo can i make a custom kit my self with like a stalk eclipse turbo, name brand manifold, custom pipeing , name brand intercooler and BOV?

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
87bones said:
so if i do a turbo can i make a custom kit my self with like a stalk eclipse turbo, name brand manifold, custom pipeing , name brand intercooler and BOV?
Sure you can,just do research before you get into it

Turbo(T28 or T3)
Manifold
Blow off valve
Wastegate
Charge pipe
Down pipe
front mount IC
IC piping
bigger injectors
bigger fuel pump
Hondata

I may have missed something but I tried

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yah but i will probly need low comp pistons so i can be able to raise the boost, and integra rods because d series rods brake after 200 hp

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Did you PM one of those guys?

B18 rods dont cost shit but in all reality unless your buddies eclipse is built it will not keep up with a civic with 200 to 215whp and 190tq to the wheels which is intirely safe on a stock D-series

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
well do talk to em as they will help you out.

also the mod in the turbo section 'itr206' is really helpfull

1 - 20 of 24 Posts