Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...
Ok, Ive decided that before I get her resprayed, im gonna shave the emblems and moulding on my truck...
Moulding is easy, the body line doesnt change at all, so its no biggie...
but, im gonna have to fill the holes... without pulling them off, im guessing the holes are about 1/2"x1/2" in diameter...
So, here is the age old question, what should I use to fill them?
Ive worked with fiberglass and body filler before, but it was work that never made it to the paint booth, so im not really sure how it turned out...
But this truck gets used and abused, she isnt by any means a show truck... so i need something that wont fall out under twisting of the chassis and shock from catching air, etc. lol
So, yea, fiberglass + body filler or is this something that will have to be welded to be sure it will hold for years to come...
Thanks

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
a way that would work just as good if your good with fiber glass. its a household appliance so u might have some im not sure what it is called but it is used for ceaaling whole in the wall near your stove, its an orange substance and u spray it and it expand and gets hard, i wish i knew what it was called, but if u know what im talkin about then great.. but spray some of that in there let it expand and get hard which u should let settle for a day make sure you put enough in there so it comes out of the hole, then sand it down a little past the trim line so u can put some fiberglass in the hole so it sticks good. then just let the fiberglass dry sand it up and your good to go. :tbu i hope u knew what i was talkin about tho haha good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.