Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been trying to find the cup style oil filter wrenches for the new filters. What are you guys using to install your filters?? Peace

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I'm probably misinterpreting this.. :eek:

You don't use a tool to install a new oil filter.. You tighten it by hand. :)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
97CIVICoupe,
If there was grease, oil, debris buildup on the filter how can the ultimate human hand be able to overcome the slippage?:confused:
Would you be able to remove a bolted down screw with you hands?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Temp,
Honda discontined the old oil filters. All Hondas except the Insight and S2000 use the same small filters. I was trying to find out from the guys that use OEM filters what tool they use to install and remove. Peace

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
Sam said:
Temp,
Honda discontined the old oil filters. All Hondas except the Insight and S2000 use the same small filters. I was trying to find out from the guys that use OEM filters what tool they use to install and remove. Peace

no, everytime i get my filters i get the same one, same size as it has always been, i dont know what load of shit the guys at your honda dealer are feeding you but i used to work at the dealership i get my stuff at and still have many friends that still do work there....same filter all the time for me

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
Sam said:

ok i just called my friend at the honda dealership and verified this, he said it is true, and that you should call your local honda dealer to get the cup style wrench, he said they switched it over to the 01 style civic filters

·
Registered
504 Posts
If there is enough room just use a big hose clamp. tighten it on the filter and give it a good tap with your wrench and a screwdriver. I have had to use this trick on my b16a a few times, strange how a filter tightens up over 4000 miles.
Hose clamp .75 cents

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
SiNergy said:
If there is enough room just use a big hose clamp. tighten it on the filter and give it a good tap with your wrench and a screwdriver. I have had to use this trick on my b16a a few times, strange how a filter tightens up over 4000 miles.
Hose clamp .75 cents

its pressure

·
Registered
218 Posts
97CIVICoupe said:
I'm probably misinterpreting this.. :eek:

You don't use a tool to install a new oil filter.. You tighten it by hand. :)
you mean people use tools to "Hand tighten" filters?????

I misunderstood the question i believe. Not trying to be an ass.

·
Registered
254 Posts
b16a2racer said:
ok so they made a newer filter to use when u change your oil, u can still tighting/loosen it by hand
not always...sometimes it's on there so tight that the hand won't do the trick, especially when it gets slippery, i know on my filter i couldn't use my hand to loosen it, i sat there for like an hour trying to loosen it and no one else could, we finally got a tool to do the trick

1 - 14 of 14 Posts