Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
Majority of the time I use Sunoco 94 octane.

For the Track and Dyno I use Cam-2 100 octane.

A.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Most people dont know this but lower octane fuel is better for you. The reason why higher octane fuel is used is to remedy knocking and pinging. Lower octance fuel actually burns faster/better. So if you dont need high octane dont use it. Now if you have high compression, whether its forced induction or FI, you'll need the higher octane to prevent preignition (detonation, knocking)

So if you got a GSR use 91 if possible LS use 89(87?). But if you got some high comp. with some cams or high boost use the higher octane gas.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Blah we don't have any 93+ octane around here unless you want straight up 100+ octane racing fuel. In California they brought the premium grade down to 91 octane recently and I really hope that doesn't spread up here. If you have a GSR or Type R then you should always use the most premium (save 100+ octane) fuel available to you. LS RS GS, use the cheap stuff. You don't need the high octane, and it's just a waste of money.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i don't know about you all but gas here is $1.15 for prem. and .95c for 87 are cars have little tanks .20 more for 93 is only like 2 dollars, plus 93 burns better your spark plugs will be cleaner and won't foul out

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.