Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that the stock injectors on a 6th gen Civic is roughly 230 cc's, and I should get at least 310's if I'm going to be running any boost, but what's the difference between low resistance (peak and hold) and high resistence (saturated) injectors and which kind should I be using?

I am going to be running a D16Y8 built with 10.0:1 compression, sleeved, and slightly stronger internals.
A friend of mine is hooking me up with his used Greddy Turbo kit, Intercooler, Vortech FMU, and MSD BTM.

I am planning to get the Greddy E-Manage or possilby a Apex VAFC. I plan to run 8 psi daily, but would like to be able to run at least 10 psi on race gas. What size and type injectors will I need?

Anyone have any experience with the E-Manage? I have heard great things about the APEX, but if the E-Manage works well, I'd rather get that because it's less expensive and not many muscle cars guys knows about the functions it provides.

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jazz215 said:
I have the same question, would 450cc be to much for only 8 psi? d16z6
Leaves room for improvement. Better to have the pulsewidth less because the injectors are slightly bigger than they need to be than to have the pulsewidth too high because the injectors are too small to flow well at WOT and higher boost.

·
Registered
576 Posts
i have a d 15 with the stock injecters. i have the greddy kit,with the apexi s-afc aem fuel rail and regulater.im running 10psi daily on race gas im at 15 and it runs a little on the rich side still.
according to the autometer air/fuel gauge.

·
Registered
53 Posts
hmm.. should i be using something less than 450cc? i will be getting hondata soon. also i just got an str fuel rail. could anyone recommend anything else for my fuel setup

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jazz215 said:
hmm.. should i be using something less than 450cc? i will be getting hondata soon. also i just got an str fuel rail. could anyone recommend anything else for my fuel setup
I would have opted for 370 cc or 440 for 10 psi daily. 450 is fine though so long as you will be using a hondata.
This may be a "dumb" question, but you have upgraded your fuel pump, right?

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you already have the Hondata coming on it's way, then do not get the fuel regulator.

·
Registered
624 Posts
450's should be fine. i picked up mine today from a junkyard. cost me $23.75 for a set of DSM 450cc:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts