Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im getting about 250 per tank...is this common? i thought accords get like 300ish? is it becasue of carbon tracking?

·
Registered
85 Posts
4th gen here 350mpg at the least. i dont race though well once in awhile. maybe your driving has something to do with your gas mileage.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was thinking it was due to my spark plugs or something??? honda says that i have a small leak in my oil pan...but i have lifted up car up on a lift at my friends work (hes a tech for mitsubishi ) we have not noticed a leak, i think that honda was mistaken about the leak maybe it was just oil that dripped off from the oil filter or something?? but im pretty bummed i only get like 250...just whenever its on E...i dont think my low gas light works??:confused:

·
Registered
747 Posts
my mileage is pretty good.. sometimes when i go on trip i drive about 250 miles and only uses a little more than 1/2 a tank.. these are highway miles..

·
Registered
58 Posts
I usually get about 350 miles on a tank of gas in my '94 EX sedan with automatic. I live in the desert of Southern Cali so I often run the A/C and my miles are a mix of city and freeway. I don't race my car, but I am also not a slow driver. I have AEM CAI, newer plugs, and new NGK wires. Since getting these and resetting my ECU my gas mileage has increased. Before I was getting about 310-320 miles on a tank.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I just filled today and got 380. The time before that, I got 425, but I did have a day or so of freeway driving. I almost always get above 350.

·
Registered
208 Posts
If you want to get the exact range, when you are at gas station, write down trip meter reading and gallons pumped.

Then use this equation: range = (trip meter reading/gallons pumped) * fuel tank capacity.

Try a whole tank of easy driving (shift before 3K). I bet you will be surprised.

·
Registered
231 Posts
i have an average of 29 - 32 miles per gallon.
and according to tech specs, full tank is 17 gal
i don't drive aggresively, so i get more miles per gal.
i just have an AEM CAI and NGK spark plug wire.

·
Registered
819 Posts

Im a stock auto and getting 350mpg. I pulled 436 once going to six flags and back on one tank. (san diego to valencia) But yeah pretty much from a full tank to when my gas light goes on its around 350mpg.

·
Registered
458 Posts
95accord22 said:
I just filled today and got 380. The time before that, I got 425, but I did have a day or so of freeway driving. I almost always get above 350.
dayum Matt!

that's hella good numbers there!

i get average of 25miles/gallon.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dude this blows...my car is BONE STOCK! except for the Polarg bulbs all around and clear corners...wtf?:mad: i want 350mpg...

how many gallons can the tank hold? 13? 14? btw i have the cpe..

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
StylinAccord said:
dude this blows...my car is BONE STOCK! except for the Polarg bulbs all around and clear corners...wtf?:mad: i want 350mpg...

how many gallons can the tank hold? 13? 14? btw i have the cpe..
It holds 17, but you'll never go through that much. Only like 14 or so most likely. I think its your clear corner and polarg bulbs thats giving you your bad gas milage. :) j/k.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I get close to 300 but I never run it down that far I fill it up when I reach about 250-260....I fill up 91 octane so it burns quicker...if u do a lotta local driving it takes up more gas than if u run highway miles.....If I ran highway miles all the time I think I could get 350.....

·
Registered
44 Posts
I don't know about you guys but I get around 275-280max from full to that orange light. Then when I fill up, I usually take around 12.7gals to fill it up. Everytime it hits that light its 12.7gals to fill. You say it's 17 gals capacity. so I guess you have around 4.3gals which is around another 93 miles for my calculations. Which I would say, i get around 275mpg(min)+ 93mpg(min) = 368mpg for me. :D

·
Registered
981 Posts
my mom took my car for a week when hers was in the shop (not my fault or anything...) and drove it to work and back about 5 times which is a 60 mile roundtrip and i got 460 miles on the tank. my 4th gen has a 17 gallon tank and my mom is a really easy driver but even then, 460 miles is a shitload. the gas light usually goes on at about 330-350 miles, and then i probly have another 60-70 miles after that, so about 400 miles/tank on average

·
Registered
281 Posts
I remember getting 40+mpg on my 95 civic when it was new.

now with this Accord, I am getting between 17-25mpg. that is actually pretty good because i have an engine management system that dumps more fuel.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts