Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering really, if there is a certain type of Motor oil Honda del sol's ask for. Or is there just a personal choice? Or is it decided depending on the miles of the car? thanks for the info.

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
5w-30 or 10w-30 depending on the season.

If your car has decent mileage on it and it's been given dino juice then stick with that....otherwise I suggest using Mobil 1 synthetic

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
91Vtec said:
In which season is 5w30 used in.
the idea is that the bigger the #, the thicker the oil is. in summer, thicker oil is better i think. but it also depends on the condition of your engine. if it leaks or burns a lil oil, its better to go with thick shit cause it seals better.
my civc burns it, lady before me used 10-40 and i use 20-50 and add a lil more than a quart about every gastank at work.

off topic, is that really bad? when i get on the gas high in the rpms, which i dont do much cause it doesnt go any faster since its the weaksauce d15, blue smoke comes out. when i got the car, i cleaned oily residue off the rear bumper. it hasnt built up again yet. last time i added oil, i went nearly 300 miles, pulled my car into the bay and added nearly 2.5 quarts! it has to be burning it cause its obvious, the more i drive, the more oil disappears. is this something serious? or can i just keep addind oil every week/whenever its low? i dont mind it cause its free from work

Reactions: 91Vtec

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, putting in oil every week, im not sure but i dont think thats good. My engine does not burn oil since i do not see the level of oil decreases.

So my engine has 135*** miles on it. It does not burn oil. As far as the season, its summer here and high temperature. Should i use 5W-30, 10W-30, 5W-40 or 10W-40.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i would have thought it would be there but did not see anything mentioned about oil, i will double triple check thought. What about this brand called Royal Purple, anything about this oil? thanks

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
91Vtec said:
i would have thought it would be there but did not see anything mentioned about oil, i will double triple check thought. What about this brand called Royal Purple, anything about this oil? thanks
I'd stick with Mobil One. That other shit's expensive as
shit...fuck! Mobil One's a "nad" to begin with! :lol

·
Registered
959 Posts
What a coincidence...I was watching one of those stupid court room shows during lunch and this guy defended himself by saying this girl screwed up her high mileage vehicle by putting a detergent oil in her car and had 30 pages of internet print outs...I say unless you've got a bunch of money invested for high performance just get high mileage vehicle oil...good stuff that I've used on my daily drivers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.