Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, thanks 99SIVTEC. That info helped because I am planning on JRSC'ing my ZC motor, and was wondering if it was possible to hit 180WHP (or else, I dont think I am gettin it).

Setup so far: JRSC @ 8psi, HyTech custom exhaust made to JRSC-ZC spec, custom 3" exhaust (w/ 3" highflow cat), JR intake, liquid cooling, msd ignition, fuel delivery (fuel rail, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator), headwork, and TUNING! Anything else needed to hit 180WHP on ZC?

· Registered
2,529 Posts
Have you already bought the components and just haven't installed them yet or something? You say you're planning on it and your setup so far already lists the JRSC @ 8 PSI. In my opinion, the JR water injection isn't worth your time, and you should ditch the JR intake for a 3" Injen intake with Cold Air Extension OR build your own custom cold air box setup. It's very easy. For cooler outlet temps, one of these is a great idea, until you get into the range of boost 99sivtec wants to get, then an intercooler is probably necessary.

FWIW, the m62 would be a better blower to have, but I've got the m45 on mine and it's not that bad. I haven't gone over 6 lbs. yet, but sometime in the next couple of months I will, 10 probably. With 10 PSI, you should have no problem getting 180 on your current setup. You could probably get pretty close at 8 PSI. Also, the fuel rail won't help much, if any, until you get bigger injectors which you shouldn't need.

· Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Na, I am gettin the complete kit, just, "building" on it over time. Do you think that 180WHP can be reached w/ the setup I listed above? I have a CRX and want to run mid13's or so, and if that cant be done, then I dont think JRSC is the kit for me ;)

· Registered
2,529 Posts
with a CRX you should definetely hit 180 WHP with your setup as is. 13s depend on what altitude your nearest track is at. I should say 13s are within close reach if not obrainable with proper tuning. Seriously tho, some sort of cold air setup will help with those 13s, along with low altitudes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.