Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
dahaven25 said:
im new at the import thing and i got an 88 crx and i was wondering what is the best motor to put in it with a turbo.. so will some one plzz let me know
b16 turbo or gsr turbo, or d16y8, z6 turbo depends on what your goals are?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
dahaven25 said:
i want it for racing.. some one told me that an ls with a turbo is better then a b 16 with a turbo idk tho im new when it comes to import motors lol
ya ls motors love turbo, you can have a really good setup with ls turbo. If you don't have alot of money only have certain amount to spend then i would do a ls turbo. As much as a gsr swap you can do a semi built ls turbo. If money not a thing a gsr turbo would be my second suggestions.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
dahaven25 said:
how much do you think an ls turbo will cost me and how much would it cst to build the ls up
let see you can do a ls turbo for teh same price as a gsr swap for someone to do the gsr at $4000 grand that with just the mounts, linkage, etc. you could have a good setup with $4000

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
Complete b18c1(GSR) swap goes for $3150 on hmotors plus shipping. And then install is another probably $600 if you're not doing it yourself. So you are lookin at about 4 grand as someone already stated earlier.

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
RockinthEFhatch said:
Hands down the best engine for a turbo is the B18C1 from the US or Japan it doesn't matter. Build that bad boy up and you can get well over 700hp. But you really don't want anything more than 300hp for the street, trust me.
Smart man right here. +1 rep for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.