Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im still kinda deciding on an exhuast and how much i want to spend on one, but i was wondering does anyone else get tired of hearing the same exhuast loud wahhhhhh noise like from every single car out there on the road?

so what im wondering is why people wanted the exhuast they choose the tanabe,greddy,apexi n1.....im not hating just wondering why u people choose...was it for purpose of the gains?

but right now im considering
1.Mugen axle bak $500 ....quiet and sounds nice wen u get on it(cops should leave me alone)
2.thermal R&D also a nice clean sound and much cheaper
3.Comptech....very nice...very expensive i would say quality nice sounds and not some annoyin loud can(my friend thinks it sounds like a motorycle,lol)

its hard choosing,heh

·
Registered
471 Posts
My main determining factor was price...seeing as how bolt-ons don't do hardly anything for our cars I decided that I shouldn't use a large some of money on it. I bought an Apexi Dunk catback system for $300....definatly one of the nicest exhaust systems I have heard on a Civic, VERY deep....in fact I had to replace my stock intake system for emissions and I noticed that my car sounded stock!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Tanabe Racing Medalion!!

Loud as hell!! and i Like The Powerrrrr!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Quality. I looked at the Tanabe and I didn't like the look of the welds, I chose DC sport. I also got a good price $320.00 and it has a quiet rumble.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
For me I like the Greddy Evo. Its got a nice deep tone to it and sounds pretty raspy at about 4000 rpms. It looks good and the quality is great. I got it for 525.00 shipped. its a little expensive but hey its worth it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I tried not to let cost be a determining factor. Instead, I went for build quality, appearance, dB levels, and dyno charts. In the end, I went with the Comptech Sport setup. Very modest in volume, nice low tone, beautiful and well built. Lucky for me, I found my exhaust on ebay for 460 shipped. Thank god not everyone knows about Comptech quality or the auction would have gone much higher.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Got 5 zigen because it isn't that loud only when you lay on it. I got this so the man don't fuck with me. They always break balls. I heard the N1 and loved it, but it was just a little too loud for me. So I went with the 5 zigen fireball, I like how it was slanted and look and especially sound.

I have the sound on my web page if you want to hear it. www.eastbobdam.com/Si

Peace:D

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
00BLACKSI, i heard yours before along time ago the exhuast clip used to be longer, do u have the long version of it so kan hear more of the actual exhuast

·
Registered
959 Posts
My first priority was dB's...since adding exhaust to bolt-ons hardly does anything, I wanted something that was quiet and didn't give me headache's when I went somewhere. Looks was second...most exhausts have the standard 4'' tip anyway, some are rolled tips like the GReddy SP or Comptech., some are single walled tips like the Apexi WS and GReddy EVO.

·
Registered
17,727 Posts
therewas an exhaust shoot out in the Turbo with the white wrx on it. The exhausts that added the most hp and torque were greddy evo and tannabee racing medalion. In my opinion you should get the evo because it was tested to put out some of the best gains for an exhaust along with the racing medalian. the problem with racing medalian is that thing is so damn fucking loud.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mrmyz said:
therewas an exhaust shoot out in the Turbo with the white wrx on it. The exhausts that added the most hp and torque were greddy evo and tannabee racing medalion. In my opinion you should get the evo because it was tested to put out some of the best gains for an exhaust along with the racing medalian. the problem with racing medalian is that thing is so damn fucking loud.
yea but everybody has that exhuast, its like every fixed up car u see...sounds the same...heh..doesn'y anybody like unique-ness

·
Registered
304 Posts
i looked for brand name and something that most people dont have. i chose the HKS drager for my accord. it looks nice, but the only problem is that it comes with the axleback only. i had 2.5 inch custom piping to it. performance wise, im pretty satisfied with the performance gain from the drager. noticeable difference at the high end. but the only problem is the drager sounds like shiet. (almost like a crx sound on a accord, nasty....)

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Aaron_909, I just threw itr up for you bro, check that link again. I have it revving like three times then redline!

Peace:D

EASTBOBDAM'S Page

·
Registered
197 Posts
damn i love my AEM exhaust soooo much, i get so many compliments on it, sounds and looks awesome! best 150 bucks i ever spent....:)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Price, Sound, Performance.

·
Registered
981 Posts
mykem said:
damn i love my AEM exhaust soooo much, i get so many compliments on it, sounds and looks awesome! best 150 bucks i ever spent....:)
aem doesnt make exhaust....are you talkin about a cold air intake??

1 - 20 of 33 Posts