Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K, I recently purchased a 1988 crx, and I am going to use it both to drive to work, and to auto-cross. (not ideal, I know... I am not too serious about auto-x.) I was wondering what wheels and tires I should put on it. I do not plan to change the suspension, at least not drop it... cuz I want to run in the stock class. I just need something that will handle very well, and stand up to every-day driving over potholes and speed bumps. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

To clear up any questions, the sig below refers to my accord v6... my crx is stock.

·
Registered
267 Posts
kosei

For rims get some 15" Kosei K1s for sure the are light weight and look awesome. Go with some 50 series 195 Nitto 555

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
For tires I am going to recommend some Kumho's. I think Nitto's are pretty shityy overall. Kumho 712's are really nice and alot of people use them.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
i wanna keep my stock rims, and i'm either thinking about toyo proxe ts1 in 195/55/14 or the dunlop sp8000 in 195/55/14.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
thats not stock sized though...

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
get the toyo's or some Michelin Pilot Exalto's

the Michelins perform better in the rain than the toyo's, but cost more..

wouldn't go for the dunlops...
dunno the english word, but they tend to 'become oval-shaped' when going all out...
Maybe some tire-guru's here know what I mean... :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts