Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Banned
638 Posts
well seeing how Rhys and Steph can get an R into the 14s I'm gueesing you'll probably be running high 15s.

· Banned
638 Posts
96CivicDXSi said:

what would it take for me to get in the 14's mid to high
you could start with internals, maybe CTR/ITR cams and pistons, JUN adjustable cams, titanium valve springs and retainers, forged rods, and a lil dyno time.

· Registered
2,356 Posts
96CivicDXSi said:

that might be what i do in the near future i got to get this motor in first though
Well then why worry about all this now? Just wait till you get the motor in and then run the car.. You might be surprised.. Like I said, it's hard to guesstimate what a car will run.. For all I know, everything I said is completely wrong.. You can end up running a high 14.. Some dude on SHO before the crash ran a 14.9 in his SiR with an ITR clutch and an AEM CAI..

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
97CIVICoupe said:

Well then why worry about all this now? Just wait till you get the motor in and then run the car.. You might be surprised.. Like I said, it's hard to guesstimate what a car will run.. For all I know, everything I said is completely wrong.. You can end up running a high 14.. Some dude on SHO before the crash ran a 14.9 in his SiR with an ITR clutch and an AEM CAI..

i guess you are right i am just kind of excited because i have been out of a car for like 4 weeks and i wanna drive my car again but thanks for you help and info

· Registered
2,356 Posts
96CivicDXSi said:

i guess you are right i am just kind of excited because i have been out of a car for like 4 weeks and i wanna drive my car again but thanks for you help and info
Yeah, I hear ya.. I haven't had mine for 2 weeks.. And know what? When I get it back, it's still gonna have the same ole D16Y8 in it........ :mad:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.