Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
607 Posts
Cheapest thing I can think is a torque converter from level 10. I think its around $500-600 though, i'm not sure but I think that's what it costs. Also I don't think it will make you pull on 5-speeds but it will keep you right there with them.

· Registered
12,727 Posts
a really good way to pull on a prelude is buying a Z06:)

it pulls about 38-40 car lengths in a 1/4 mile:)

but if the prelude has a turbo on it..running 13.8's thats only about 20 car lengths then:)

· Registered
301 Posts
Weight reduction....do what ludeboy did and he run 14.9 with the ss. take out the front and back bumper supporter, light weight battery, no ac, no ps, no washer fluid, take everything out that you don't need (seats..), and run on empty gas tank (you actually have 3 gallons lelf when it at empty). Also, take a shit before you race. :D Please let me know what else did I miss. Another thing is practicing your reaction skill so you can minimize the delay when you take off. ;)

P.S. Why do you want to pull on other 5-speeds lude? Just pick on something else beside the lude. :D

Peace,

· Registered
2,650 Posts
Even with bolt ons and weight reduction, you most likely won't pull on a 5spd. There are 3 things working against you here...

1) Your car makes about 15hp less to the wheels.
2) Your car weighs about 100lbs more.
3) Your car has taller gears and accelerates slower.

Unless you can somehow eliminate all these problems, I don't see you pulling on a 5spd Lude.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.