Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to buy a 1992-95 civic for my project car and was wondering what year of a gsr motor to put in it?? does it drop right in? need additional motor mounts??

·
Registered
949 Posts
hmm i dont think the years really matter.. but perhaps it would be better to get a motor thats newer than the car.. id say just look for a low mileage one... and yes any gsr motor drops right in...

·
Registered
58 Posts
obd2

OBD2, I recommend simply because the motors are newer. Do you plan to build it while it's out? If so it doesn't really matter what year it is. A good idea for your ecu is to send it out and put a spoon program or mugen program for the obd switch, it's inexpensive and saves from a wiring mess. Just a thought though. Have fun doing the swap and good luck.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Re: obd2

94gsrsol said:
OBD2, I recommend simply because the motors are newer. Do you plan to build it while it's out? If so it doesn't really matter what year it is. A good idea for your ecu is to send it out and put a spoon program or mugen program for the obd switch, it's inexpensive and saves from a wiring mess. Just a thought though. Have fun doing the swap and good luck.
OBD-I takes to mods better though. Just a thought.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
Re: obd2

94gsrsol said:
it does not matter if its obd1 or obd2. if its obd1 you leave it the way it is and if for f u get an obd2 gsr motor and you want to put it in a 94 civic it will be a pain in the as to keep it obd2. you will have to change the whole harness. something you dont want to do. so to make things easier you change the distributor to an obd1 and you run a 94-95 integra gsr ecu.

i did that shit to my car. i have a 93 dx (obd1).
i got a complete swap from a 99 civic ex obd2. got a distributor from a 95 civic si, got an ecu from a 95 si, i had to keep the dx intake and throttle body, added the vtec wires and voila done.
runs [email protected] at the track all day everyday.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.