Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i got a free b20 block with some fucked up pistons and some scratches on the clyinder wall so im gonna get the block overbored to a 84.5 or maybe even 85 which ever safe with the stock sleeves...i know the b20 sleeves are not the strong but remember this setup is basicly a stock NA b20 with some high comp pistons, street camshafts (either some 403s or some exospeed regrinds), Skunk2 IM and the regular bolt-ons. For my trans setup im getting a hydro GSR trans with exedy oem clutch and a ITR flywheel. So wutcha guys think about the stock sleeves being bored out a little...is it safe? and wutcha guys think about the CTR N1 pulley? my goals are to make around 150-160whp/130-145wtq...you think its possible with those mods?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
YayAreaBoy said:
Well i got a free b20 block with some fucked up pistons and some scratches on the clyinder wall so im gonna get the block overbored to a 84.5 or maybe even 85 which ever safe with the stock sleeves...i know the b20 sleeves are not the strong but remember this setup is basicly a stock NA b20 with some high comp pistons, street camshafts (either some 403s or some exospeed regrinds), Skunk2 IM and the regular bolt-ons. For my trans setup im getting a hydro GSR trans with exedy oem clutch and a ITR flywheel. So wutcha guys think about the stock sleeves being bored out a little...is it safe? and wutcha guys think about the CTR N1 pulley? my goals are to make around 150-160whp/130-145wtq...you think its possible with those mods?
one do not buy regrinds.... Second, i would sleeve that block if you go anymore then 1mm over stock bore, if you go .5mm you should fine, with out sleeving...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Re: Re: What you think of my setup? (NA B20)

ALL C5 said:
one do not buy regrinds.... Second, i would sleeve that block if you go anymore then 1mm over stock bore, if you go .5mm you should fine, with out sleeving...
Whats the reason for not using regrinds?
Please explain.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Re: Re: What you think of my setup? (NA B20)

ALL C5 said:

I have never had a problem with regrinds

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
b20a, b20b/z?

which one...

it makes a big difference...

if you're talking about the b20a, talk to some people on preludepower.com, and you'll find out the limits of the motor

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
its like buying a car that has had mass body work done....

they have to add the cam and then re-grind it...

it also throws something off in the cam, i can not think of the name of for the life of me...

Buck up and buy a cam that has been gound from a blank...

·
Registered
18 Posts
ALL C5 said:
its like buying a car that has had mass body work done....

they have to add the cam and then re-grind it...

it also throws something off in the cam, i can not think of the name of for the life of me...

Buck up and buy a cam that has been gound from a blank...
sorry but that doesnt make sense. Many of the high output motors out there are using cams that are grinds from stock cams. Of course a new blank is pretty good itself, but it doesnt make a Grind cam any inferior as far as making power.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts