Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1990 CRX Si, and I live in L.A., I wanted to get a b16 swap but I'm not quite sure where I should go. The first time I got a b16 swap, I went to this place called pit crew in san gabriel and they sucked really bad, I'd never go there again in my life. Anyways, I sold that CRX and now I have another on and I need to get a b16 swapped in for a good price, so I was wondering if anybody could refer me to a place that will treat me right and give me a good deal, and also do a cool job as well...Thanks :)

Steve

·
Registered
112 Posts
A good place that me and phan know, is a place called SouthGate Auto, The guy that owns the place was part of JG Engine Dynamics, he knows his shit. I believe for the b16 swap he does it for 2300, but he does it clean, wiring looks pretty damn good, not no half ass job like them foos from Honda-Acura Palace. Ask phan, he was having problems with his b16, and Jorge fixed his problem.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2300....thats pretty steep....I'm trying to spend like 1600 for everything out the door....It doesnt have to be the best job in the world either....Anybody know of any other places?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
for $1600 installed, you're not going to be happy with the way things would be done. the job would be half assed, and you'd be upset a few months down the line. if that is the max you can spend, i'd say do the swap yourself. get a couple friends, read all you can about the swap, and go for it. phatty's website is extremely informative about the swap, and it helps that you already have an SI. check it out here http://www.phatwhippincrx.20m.com/. if you can spend 2 grand, however, i know of a place that will swap a jdm b16 including aftermarket mounts...

·
Registered
112 Posts
yup thats exactly what is gonna happen. For 1600 you get that mickey mouse job. Why wouldn't you want a good job done to your ride? In the long run you will run into some major problems if it is a half ass job. Why settle for less? If u want to save money, just round up a couple of friends that have some engine swapping knowledge, and get to it.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
cheapest i know of is 2150 down here in san diego

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys...

hmmmmm......2g's huh....gosh...thats what I paid for the whole car...Well I'll see how money goes within the next month and I'll let you know....so that two g's, that absoloutly EVERYTHING total out the door right??? Oooooooh and I had another question...what about the smog...I heard that NO b16a will pass smog...is this true???

·
Registered
112 Posts
for the 2300 is everything out the door. That is true no b16 will pass the emission test. Where abouts do u live in L.A? Cause there are a couple of places out in the valley, or in the heart of south central, that will pass u for about 150.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
I live in San Diego also. I've called Pann Auto and Engineuity, but they don't seem to get in b18B swaps. I still gotta try group 5. THey told me they'd install it for $500 if I got all the parts. Does anyone know if there is anywhere cheaper to buy a b18b swap with under 40k besides "hondamotorsonline."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts