Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to replace the shifter in my car the one that was there (when i bought the car) broke i don't know what kind it was, some cheap knock off, but i'm needing a new one and was wondering what brands are good to go with for short shifters

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
ive heard of cases about people breaking their pinkies from shifting to hard and missing the shift.....i dont know about you guys, but to me thats just pathetic.....yo yo dawg i copped dem battle scars racing down the 1321 dawg my pinky's broke mang (late night bordem)
-quikflip

·
Registered
153 Posts
quikflip27 said:
ive heard of cases about people breaking their pinkies from shifting to hard and missing the shift.....i dont know about you guys, but to me thats just pathetic.....yo yo dawg i copped dem battle scars racing down the 1321 dawg my pinky's broke mang (late night bordem)
-quikflip
hahaha good one... never heard of that happenin around here :lmao

·
Registered
145 Posts
i actually just heard of a person that got fractures in both thumbs cuz he wrapped his fingers around the wheel when he was racing. But this was in a USTCC car not a street car. but breaking pinkies while shifting never heard of it.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
I snapped one, but that was when the helper springs broke on my clutch and it wouldn't change grears. I had an eBay shifter and it snapped for me pulling and pushing on it. I have a B&M now and like it a lot more. It just feels better.

·
Registered
265 Posts
i have a dc sports it is short but reverse is harder to hit

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks for the input i never expected my shifter to break while i was driving. it just snapped on me when i was going down the road also it was pretty hot to the touch which is why i think it broke in the first place but at the time i was freaking out like wtf did i just do :fear !!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.