Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been told that the zc dohc is to old and not so fast and the sohc is faster and newer? can u tell me how much hp they both have and wich is beter thanks :ninja

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
i got the 88-91 sohc zc although my friend say its newer, and i think its pretty good, its supposed to be like 130hp, and i think that maybe a little under rated cus im using the dual point intake since i dont have a ecu that can run the m.p.f.i. right now, and i should make alot less power, but it doesnt seem like it. i cant tell u nuthing about the dohc sorry, i know it cost alot more at the place i got my zc at

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
sohc zc= almost same as d16z6
dohc zc=less power, but dohc=more potential

dohc zc has less aftermarket support i believe.

id rather have the dohc. thats what you should get.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
ksniperfox said:
sohc zc= almost same as d16z6
dohc zc=less power, but dohc=more potential

dohc zc has less aftermarket support i believe.

id rather have the dohc. thats what you should get.
ok ksniperfox can u tell me more about the sohc zc since u seem to know a little, whats the hp? and the d16z6 whats that make, i dont know to much about my motor, by the way i just gotta hook up my hoses and for sure change my oil!!!!! after seeing that valve cover wouldnt u??? so i got it all and im good to go just taking a break on here seen what everyone is up to.thanx

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
90lxcivicnocat said:
ok ksniperfox can u tell me more about the sohc zc since u seem to know a little, whats the hp? and the d16z6 whats that make, i dont know to much about my motor, by the way i just gotta hook up my hoses and for sure change my oil!!!!! after seeing that valve cover wouldnt u??? so i got it all and im good to go just taking a break on here seen what everyone is up to.thanx
i know a little. d16z6=125hp. sohc zc is the same displacement and vtec, but i think its a lil different in terms of fuel delivery and compression. still has somethin close to 120hp. dohc zc=109hp i think. but i dont wanna start talkin out my ass. im not for sure. dont wanna spread the wrong info you know. i honestly wish i knew more also. both swaps are fairly cheap. i know hmotors carries them.

when i changed the valve cover on my z6, it was fairly old/dirty also. not like yours but dirty. but it had probably never been cleaned/changed in over 130k miles either and the headgasket may have been goin bad. hope this hlped, even if its only a lil.

anyone know why metal shavings are coming out the exhaust wheel of my turbo? the turbo is only like 3 months old. the block isnt leaking anwyhere. full of oil and green. no oil/green contamination. i was just driving and heard cling clang hiss and it died. wont start back up, metal shavings come out.
i am planning on getting a new z6 and building it, but any ideas what the prob could be? i havent taken anything apart yet really. just the valve cover/distributor and a few misc. hoses. dont have a lot of time with work and school.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I'm pretty sure the 1G DOHC ZC(OBD0, 88-91) is rated at 129hp and the 2G(OBD1, 92-95) DOHC ZC is rated at 137hp. The OBD1 SOHC ZC VTEC (came in the JDM 92-95 4 Doors) has 130hp and has a U.S. counterpart in the D16Z6 which is rated at 125hp. While the OBD0 SOHC ZC (D16A6 in America, came in the 88-91 Si in America), is rated differently everywhere. The US Version, the D16A6, is rated at 108hp I believe. The DOHC would have more torque and in comparable vehicles with comparable mods should be able to pull on the SOHC Non Vtec ZC, don't know about the VTEC ZC. I would personally choose the D16Z6/D16Y8 as the aftermarket for these motors is gigantic compared to the DOHC ZC. But it's your decision, there's plenty of people making good power with DOHC ZC's, just need to take your time to research and find parts.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
YEAH MINE is non v- t.e.c. so its similar to the d16a6 or ur basic 88-91 1.l si motor but i can pull a si hatch so i dunno that the hp ratings u both gave are correct, but no one said it was for sure, i was told 130, also take into play my cat is hollow too, thats gotta help a little bit, im done doing my headgasket, cant tell if im ok or not, had alot of steam at first but i hosed off the head after i cleaned it and let it sit for a day and sprayed alot of wd40 on the cam and valves, i just pray its good, feels like alot more power now too, but my air cleaner is still off so who knows, just took a quick spin and nailed some ones cat, oops :(

·
Registered
145 Posts
90lxcivicnocat said:
sprayed alot of wd40 on the cam and valves and took a quick spin and nailed some ones cat, oops :(

almost sig worthy :lmao :number1

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
baktag17 said:
almost sig worthy :lmao :number1
i like how u change it up, almost like the "wd40 on the cam made the car go wildly out of control from the mad hoursepower and took out the neighbors pussy".....cat use that for a sig

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
ok i liked it enough to use it, prolly take it off later but its hella funny, i didnt think of the potential at the time of typing it, i just knew i nail a cat pretty damn good,lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.