Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is begining to be a pain... my car I mean
(this is first gen guys, 84-87)
CRX # 2 needs to get changed. it's usually my daily driver but I had it in the shop to get new tires and was driving CRX # 1 and then boom.. I blew my engine trying to race a hella fast supra (stupid, stupid, stupid me) I accidentally downshifted into second at about 100+ and shot 4 quarts of oil out my nice DC headers.. well fuck I said.. now I have like 3 HP? CRX # 2 now gets to be # 1.. but it's carbed DX, and it's a freaking automatic trans.
I can put in a spare head to convert it to the feul injected Si (along with a buttload of other shit) and then drop in the tranny later... or I can just swap in the whole Si motor.. and all the other crap that goes with it.

What do you think is easier? cause like... I kinda wanna make it to the dragon races in march

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
dayam...downed it to second going 100mph is a big no-no. if that once except i was going about 70mph and it was by accident. luckily i took it out of gear with the quickness...when i did that my alternator belt jes snapped off.

you ever think about swappin a carbed dohc zc motor from japan?

·
Banned
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
naw.. I'm a loyalist.. I want to maintain the stock type (USDM as crappy as it is) 1.5 L
I waist GS-R and Type-R all the time (used to anyway) with the tricked out Si.. so power isn't an issue... I just really want to keep the car old school. maybe when (if) I get a G2 CRX I will swap in a mad H22 or some shit.. just cause I'd go from one extreme to the other... HEHE

by the way, Kumho tires kick ass... beat Toyo for shit

·
Registered
321 Posts
Either way you go, it's a bitch to swap over all the wiring and fuel lines and emissions control garbage to support the Si in a DX. I'd do the head swap though, cause you'd raise compression some, and maybe just throw the carbs back on there for now to keep it running.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Honestly? neither sounds like much fun.

Id just put another engine in the #1
stock if you want or maybe a newer D?

no matter what you do....my simpathies

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
thatll be a first...ive never seen a h22 in a first gen. ist gen crx going cr/vtec are really fast.

·
Banned
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
crap. it IS tons of trouble for either one. THe wiring and fuel stuff aint impossible, I did it to the HF, but it's not like I want to do it again. I am thinking of selling #1 and #2 and getting a 2nd Gen... there's just not as much support for the 1st gens as there used to be!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts