37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the better speaker

Whats better 6x9 or 6 1/2 speakers for my accord?:confused
its time for me to change my speakers

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Get 6.5 components, they sounds 10x better than a nice pair of 2-way speakers. Want me to recommend a brand? Kicker or JL. I'm a little biased towards Kicker cauz for one I've always owned kicker shit and it always sounds freakin awesome and second of all they seem to win 1st in almost every category at the USACi world finals :D but money can put a damper on things, i buy my kicker crap on ebay now since i don't work there anymore and get an employee discount

·
Registered
189 Posts
Dynamo$ said:

u have both in ur car. i would reccomend a 6.5 component set up front and a 6x9s in the rear or u might have 6.5's in the rear too depends on the yr.

but i would reccomend powerbass if ur on a budget.
if not make ur own set.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Kickers are great company but I dont think they make the best speakers for the money. They make some really nice amps and subs but there speaker line are kinda weak compared to others in the same price range.

6x9 vs 6.5?
Its going to depend on what your goal or what you plan to do with your whole system.
I would use a nice set of 6.5 in the front. And for the rear if you have a sub already I would just stick to stock. If you dont have a sub and dont plan to put one then you can replace your stock rear speakers. For about the same amount of money 6.5 will give you a more cleaner clearer sound but the 6x9 will give you more bass. So its going to depend on what you want.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am planning on getting a sub really soon

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
SuperAkuma said:
Kickers are great company but I dont think they make the best speakers for the money. They make some really nice amps and subs but there speaker line are kinda weak compared to others in the same price range.

6x9 vs 6.5?
Its going to depend on what your goal or what you plan to do with your whole system.
I would use a nice set of 6.5 in the front. And for the rear if you have a sub already I would just stick to stock. If you dont have a sub and dont plan to put one then you can replace your stock rear speakers. For about the same amount of money 6.5 will give you a more cleaner clearer sound but the 6x9 will give you more bass. So its going to depend on what you want.
WTF they got 1st place for the WORLD finals for USACi... the biggest autosound competition... the winner was Cory Himel. His chevy astrovan smoked the competition with six L7 15's, three pairs of kicker ss comonents, with the older model of kicker zr amps. I don't know how they "don't make the best speaker for the money" if they seem to win 1st in SPL & SQ almost every year in almost every category. Oh well at least I can back my bias up with evidence. :) Here is some data straight from USACi :

Position Name Score
1 Cory Himel 289.26 <--- w00t Kicker represent!
2 Doug Winker 267.12 <--- used JL, see they're good too :)
3 Wild Bill Pallow 211.43
4 Michael Milhauser 207.63
5 Rodney Findley 206.85
6 Performance Audio 204.64
7 Dennis Chapman 196.3

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Dynamo$ said:
http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148959

6x9's aren't worth their weight in CRAP. If you drive a coupe you don't need rear speakers to begin with also.

And someone please show me where Kicker houses the SQ class in every category every year?!? As for the remark about Kicker making the best speaker for the money, they do not. They absolutely do not. There are a lot of subs out there that offer more bang for the buck. I shouldn't have to mention any brands if you keep up with car audio at all.

Actually, as far as Kicker goes, the only subs I'd run of theirs were the old round Solo, or the XPLs which were intended to be SPL subs but turned out to be some killer SQ subs. The L7s and the Solo X are great SPL subs, but that's not my thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.