Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got the multi pack for x-box, i started with gta3, im about 20% done. I havent opened vice city yet. Im in love with gta3, but is vice city gonna be alot harder?

·
Registered
251 Posts
i remember 3 being harder, but vice city is more fun. I mean come on you got flyable airplanes, helicopters, and motorcycles. But on 3 you have 3 different islands to unlock, and on vice city its just 2. I think 3 was bigger, or was that just me?

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
If 3 had motorscycles it would be way better than vice.

Vice was a let down IMO.

In 3 you could bomb off big ass jumps and off cliffs and shit, mad elevation changes = more lasting fun.

Vice city is in florida, and its flat as fuck. Only like 1 or 2 good jumps in vice city and they both have shitty landings.

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
xtremefusion said:
I like 3 better than Vice City and I think 3 is a bit harder than Vice City, though not by much. Have fun!
GT3 was sooo much more fun but VC is cool as well, i know VC has fewer but harder missions though, well some are real easy but the ones like Racing Hillary and Checkpoint Charlie are hard and take some time.

I hope next one is totally different and a lot better, not just a improved version of VC because thats what VC was, improved version of GT3.. does that make any sense? lol

·
Registered
8,834 Posts
IMO i think they both the same except vice city had more things to do (ex. buy places and do its missions), plus ridin da bikes was fun

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
Ken-woody said:
i remember 3 being harder, but vice city is more fun. I mean come on you got flyable airplanes, helicopters, and motorcycles. But on 3 you have 3 different islands to unlock, and on vice city its just 2. I think 3 was bigger, or was that just me?
i believe they cut the wings of the airplane after 9/11. you cant fly.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
I can't say which is harder because i haven't gotten very far in either; i always end up driving around like a maniac trying to get as many cops after me as possible. I'm gunna say i like Vice City more because there are more weapons, you get motorcycles, plus you can get multiple headquarters and fill up the garages of each with your favorite cars. Also you can drive around in the mall, i've always wanted to do that lol. There's also a great parking garage with a jump on the top level which is fun to go off of on the motorcycle.

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
AlSi said:
I can't say which is harder because i haven't gotten very far in either; i always end up driving around like a maniac trying to get as many cops after me as possible. I'm gunna say i like Vice City more because there are more weapons, you get motorcycles, plus you can get multiple headquarters and fill up the garages of each with your favorite cars. Also you can drive around in the mall, i've always wanted to do that lol. There's also a great parking garage with a jump on the top level which is fun to go off of on the motorcycle.
ahh rookies :D i remember we (me, primax/xtreme etc.) were posting stuff like this last year ;) take the caddy into a mall then exit the mall its a nice treat :p

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
ReCK1 said:
ahh rookies :D i remember we (me, primax/xtreme etc.) were posting stuff like this last year ;) take the caddy into a mall then exit the mall its a nice treat :p
LOL, good times indeed. :D I'm still enjoying the games, but now I'm awaiting for the next one. I can't wait. ;)

·
Registered
629 Posts
DRVIC said:
If that is true, then that is really fucking lame.
You can fly... even I could fly circles around each island many times before it got boring and I just decided to land...

If you're having trouble flying go to http://www.gamefaqs.com and look up the info on "Flying the Dodo" It is really helpful.

Back on topic... I found both of them to be equally difficult. Each had easy and hard missions. Although if you aren't prepared VC had some that were really killer. If you die or get arrested make sure you get your weapons before starting back on the missions ;)

In VC I completed the Pizza Delivery (150% Life) and Paramedic Missions (infinite run) before I started the 2nd mission. It was acutally pretty easy.

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
since some people are confused let me clear it up so people can stop confusing eachother with silly posts.

GTA 3 = wingless plane called DODO which IS flyable but takes lots of practice.

GTA VC = Planes, Helicopters etc that are very easy to fly.

Hope this is the last time someone has to mention this, if you need to learn how to fly the plane there are plenty websites. Go to IGN, cheatcenteral, GTAheadquarters etc. :)

Btw is there anyone here who has VC on both PS2 and Xbox? if so please post the differences, and yes i know graphics are supposively better and i don't really have a problem with either game's soundtrack so what else?

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
ReCK1 said:
Btw is there anyone here who has VC on both PS2 and Xbox? if so please post the differences, and yes i know graphics are supposively better and i don't really have a problem with either game's soundtrack so what else?
Hey ReCK. I had the PS2 version as you know and I traded it in for the Xbox version. And here are the differences, which are minimal:

Xbox:
Better graphics
Dolby Digital 5.1
Custom Soundtracks
Faster loading (to give you a perspective, the PS2 took up at least a minute to load up the game from the start, while the Xbox loads it in about 7 seconds)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts