Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm very upset, the perfect '93 VTEC Prelude should be mine by now - but even though I had the highest offer the seller didn't want to wait the extra day to collect from me. Here's the car:

http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/...cord=101&=&color=&car_year=1993&ac_afflt=none

By the way, it did -not- sell for the stated price - turns out the car also came with a very nice $4k system and there were a few people offering higher than that amount (with good reason).

I don't think I'll see a 'lude that compares to this ever again. I am starting a new job soon, and I need a new car pretty soon. Problem is, I've been looking at cars and looking forward to buying a car in excellent shape with plenty mods so I don't have to spend so much afterwords. I can't find a single lude on Autotrader that interests me. Anything that looks good has well over 100k miles, does not have nearly the value in aftermarket parts, selling prices are too high, etc.

Any suggestions as to where I can look, and how I can get a 4th gen lude with a nice system and other aftermarkets parts, 90k miles or less, which has been meticulously maintained? Or was this car my only hope?

· Registered
113 Posts
i'm looking for a 94 v-tec... haven't found one in decent condition.. actually haven't found one at all :) keep your head up, you'll find one.. try local dealers.. i'm waiting till i have all the money..to go after em :) when your 17 with a part time job shit aint easy.

- rony

· Registered
2,092 Posts
rony said:
i'm looking for a 94 v-tec... haven't found one in decent condition.. actually haven't found one at all :) keep your head up, you'll find one.. try local dealers.. i'm waiting till i have all the money..to go after em :) when your 17 with a part time job shit aint easy.

- rony
i hear ya...but i managed to work 20+ hours a week for 2 years through high school to pay off my lude...it takes hard work but its worth it.

DONT RUSH your decision though...if you get attached to a shitty lude you might regret it later

by the way its vtec...not v-tec ;)

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you guys know any other online classifieds that might be useful? I've been checking autotrader, cars.com, and autobytel. I probably will have to get something soon, that's the problem. The buick I'm driving now has 265,000 miles and I'm going to start commuting more soon.

I should have been looking a little more often on the classifieds, but I was thinking I'd get a Subaru 2.5RS for the longest time - now I think I'll go for the lude as they're about $5k cheaper. I'm 21 years old, and have been patiently waiting for a looooong time to get a nice car - now that I'll be able to afford it I can't find anything decent. Hopefully something shows up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.