·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah trying to upload them on the net now but going around 75 and locking up the tires then slipping it into 1st I'll try my best to geet them on here today so bare with me

·
Registered
412 Posts
I think he ment over reved 3 different times.....I hope. 3x times...say...7k rpm redline....FACK. That would be some crazy f1 shit right there.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no three times the rev limit give or take

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
why isn't these damn pics working anyone have an easier way and one that works. I am importing them from snapfish by clicking on the pic and clicking properitys and then coping the address then using to post them in here

·
Registered
412 Posts
You need to copy the IMG tag. Use photobucket, much easier...But then I wont be able to see them lol. So you hit 1st at around 70mph give or take....wow. I know not your fault...just wow. Surprised it still drives. I am no expert...these are just my thoughts on what might be damaged
Rod bolts
Rings
valves and springs
Lobes might be a little worn
head

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
I went over my rev limiter by a good margin as well. Mines set at 7k, I was on a long drive, and tired as hell, went to pass a tractor trailer and shifted from 6-6.5k rpm in 3rd to around 8k+ in 2nd because I missed 4th gear. I shifted during a slight right turn before the passing area was going to open up, I guess I didn't notice my sleepy ass holding onto the stick for support :) My cars still in one piece tho. It did scare the shit out of me.

So yea, completely possible. I just wonder how the hell you got it in 1st without the synchros just geeking out and grinding the gears to shit @ 70 mph. Oh, thats right you said you locked the tires up.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Right-click and click on "Copy Image Location". Then you can always preview the post to make sure the pictures show up, although they might show up on your computer and noone else's because they're already stored in your memory. That's how I always do it though...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Damn! I some times get scared when I downshift from 4th to third, I some times think that I will fuck up and go 4 - 1, so yeah, I also get scared from 2 - 3, but yeah, I just take my time to shift, i mean, I am not on a racecar, know what I mean?

·
Registered
412 Posts
I did 3-2nd once...well like 3 times...two on the street (trying to race a 745i..didn't bite....t67 supra..130 mph and went to second..he was already 12 cars up), and at the track. Hear NASTY noises everytime, but my rear is still alive. All I did was bounce the fuck out of the limiter, and nothing really happened...but I am not sure how high my engine actually spun.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Oh man, that coming from a seasoned driver.... makes me nervious. lol. But i've heard Hondas can take hell and still last for ever. lol. Unlike my dad's Ford.

I do not have a tach (yet), but there is something weird about my car, I ussualy shift (2 - 3 for example) ~ 30 mph, I want to save gas, know what I mean? But when I need acceleration I shift until ~45-ish, I know that is not the red line because me car still accelerates and I dont hear the engine "bounce", but when I get close to the redline, my car makes some weird metalic noise.... help?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
for the record I was not driving. my brother was, and yes he is paying for the motor.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
uploading them to photo bucket now so in like ten

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

just checking to see if it works these are the fd rx7 seats that are in my car, sorry the car is a mess, photo bucket is uploading the engine pics now so they will be on here soon

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp343/Dolcerae/DSC00604.jpg[img]

[img]http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp343/Dolcerae/DSC00605.jpg

enough said right, some one let me know if you can see them, cause I can but you might not be able to

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
fucking wow. That is some damage.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts