Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the best 1/4mile time seen on a JRSC GS-R that youve seen??? I was think'n about supercharging my GS-R, but I wanted to see what kind of times I could get, and the best even...

·
Registered
794 Posts
i think mid 14's to high 13's.i know its a strech but it also depends on other factors

·
Registered
748 Posts
that question is too vague...

modded JRSC boost at 18 psi (+all nessary boost mods, 440 injector, fuel pump, fuel map, fpr, blah blah blah) with right body weight transfer, good tires, grippy clutch can run in 10's. What are you plans?

·
Registered
909 Posts
How can you boost at 18PSI? I keep hearing that the excess intake air temps it generates after 10PSI makes it too dangerous to up the boost. I've got an EMS, would run 440cc, a walboro 255lph, etc... What would you need specific the SC to up the boost that high, considering there is proper fuel management?

·
Registered
909 Posts
Greg Holden - guy on HostBoard
96 GSR, JSRC @10psi, All the Goodies!
Best 1/4 ==> 13.356 @ 105.92mph (non-drag street tires!)

·
Registered
909 Posts
wenlyone said:
you have to get your blower reworked to boot to 18psi. after internal work, 18psi will generate around the same temp as stock at 8psi.
Is Endyn the only place the does that?

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
not sure bout fastest but da slowest was 15.2 or 14.8...not sure though

·
Registered
748 Posts
skibbs said:
Is Endyn the only place the does that?
Yes. But you can also do it yourself. Endyn has instructions on how to mod the blower, but I think they left something important out. I tried the proceedure on my cous's blower, the temperture end up to be higher than that of mine (which was modded over a year ago). I paid ~1,400, but then the price went up to 1,700 I think.

·
Registered
909 Posts
wenlyone said:
Yes. But you can also do it yourself. Endyn has instructions on how to mod the blower, but I think they left something important out. I tried the proceedure on my cous's blower, the temperture end up to be higher than that of mine (which was modded over a year ago). I paid ~1,400, but then the price went up to 1,700 I think.
Are you running stock sleeves and bore? Do you have dyno numbers from your modded blower with higher PSI? B18C1 I assume... Thanks!

·
Registered
748 Posts
I have a daily driver that is only boosting 12psi (11.7-9) measured. Just got rid of my custom 3 inch exhaust due to the noise factor. But was pushing around 235-240 at the wheels. There are a lot of factors that will up your numbers other than boost pressure. What are you looking to do? What do you want your car to be? highway speedy, light to light, or quarter mile?

·
Registered
909 Posts
I'm looking for an all around fast car, low 13s at the track, and plenty of usable power otherwise. I had been looking into sleeving my b18b and boring it to 84mm and turboing it, to get about 300whp conservatively. This is my daily driver also, and the more I thought about it, with fewer moving parts and less complexity a supercharger seems like it very well could be more reliable. A JRSC'ed 84mm B18C1 10:1 with a GSR tranny & LSD sounds like it would be perfect for my goals(250+whp/180+ft/lbs). People have said that a JRSC doesn't have much top end, but the dyno graphs seem to be very linear, is this just in comparison to the massive turbo top end that is possible? Does displacement play a large factor in supercharged applications? What times have you ran your car when you had the 3"? Thanks!

·
Registered
909 Posts
wenlyone said:
My best time was 12.7. Eventhough it was annoyingly loud, it was a good daily driver also. 0-60 in 4.8, so it was pretty peppy.
That is EXACTLY the kind of performance I want... Low 13s High 12s and a reliable daily driver. Would you mind listing your complete setup? I am really interested in it. I can get a 2001 GSR swap w/ 27k and an LSD, and if I can avoid sleeving my engine for now and still get the numbers I want it would be perfect.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts