Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at some 6x9's for my 00 civic. Any price, any model.
2-3-4 way dont matter either. sound.. they gotta be CLEAN real clean.. hit some bass for a 6x9 etc. If u have heard the 692.3i's I like those. Just looking for other suggestions.

The max my amp can put is 150 per speaker.

I was looking at: Infinity Kappa 692.3i 6x9..

· Registered
1,685 Posts
There is no such thing as a good 6x9. My advice would be to use 6.5 inch drivers in the back if rear speakers are something you want. Your best bet would be to run a set of components up front and amp those. With 150 to each side of your fronts there is no need for rear speakers at all, except maybe a sub or 2. You will be very content wth a good set of comps up front with that much power.:)

· Registered
2,837 Posts
I made custom mounts and got a set of audiobahn 6' X 8' plate speakers, they consist of a 5" mid and an 1.5" tweeter with external crossovers I mounted to a panel on the side of my trunk. There excellent as long as you've got a sub. If you don't plan on using a sub and need the 6x9's for the bass I'd go with these kenwoods:

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/product/product.jsp?productTypeId=43&sortBy=price&productId=737

You can usually get them on ebay for under $200 and I've heard some pretty good reviews on them.

· Registered
691 Posts
I have Infinity Kappa components in the front and Kappa 6x9 3-way in the rear. I like them a lot. They sound clean as hell. But don't expect too much bass from a Kappa, they are made to sound clear.

· Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Red Si said:
I have Infinity Kappa components in the front and Kappa 6x9 3-way in the rear. I like them a lot. They sound clean as hell. But don't expect too much bass from a Kappa, they are made to sound clear.
ya i heard the kappas the rears at cartoys.. they sound real clean.. thats what i want.. i want them all round just looking for some1 who had em or had something else :)
how many watts u got going to them?

· Registered
3,194 Posts
I had kicker I693's in the back but the mids just sound so muddy and gross and the highs were tinny. I took a piece of lexan and made an adapter plate and now have CDT Braxials 6.5"s in the back for rear fill, and they sound sooooooo much better. Even kappa 6x9"s aren't squat compared to a good 6.5. Just a thought. If you don't have a sub though, I would agree that 6x9"s will give you a a little bit more bass than your average 6.5". I have a friend with an old cougar with 4 kappas in the back and you'd swear he had a pair of 10"s in it, but it sounds like crap to me.

· Registered
691 Posts
ryan said:

ya i heard the kappas the rears at cartoys.. they sound real clean.. thats what i want.. i want them all round just looking for some1 who had em or had something else :)
how many watts u got going to them?
I don't have very much power going to the car's speakers. The amp I have is 75 x 4 watts RMS, and the speakers sound great even with this little bit of power.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.