Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think is the best car wax to use?? and best car soap?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Meguairs gold class wax is good ... and that goes with just about anything meguairs. If you don't feel like actually waxing (or you're in a hurry) while you're drying spray some eagle one wax as you dry (while the car is still wet) then follow it up with this thing called The Glosser. You can get em at walmart in a 5 pack. They're like towels with a kind of wax in them that you don't have to buff out, but looks a lil better if you do. For car soap, I heard gold class car shampoo is good (meguairs ... not exactly sure its called the shampoo or what not). I usually use turltle wax car wash. And I just got this other stuff by meguairs 32 oz bottle ... its purple but i haven't used it yet and can't remember what its called ... the guy said he uses it and loves it ... who knows. Your best bet is meguairs stuff, and most people will probably agree with me on that.

·
Registered
500 Posts
the pink Meguiars soap and the Meguiars #26 yellow wax

NOTHING BUT MEGUIARS WILL EVER TOUCH MY CAR

(except my Mothers clay bar)

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
i use zyomil, i found that it is much better than meguires...yet i havent tried the tan colored bottles yet. for now zyomil is my bet. it gets a deeper more crisp shine...and its very easy to do. dont diss me ne one..i used to be a meguires fan too

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I heard that zyomil is good too .. never got a chance to try it tho ... i heard about it after i bought the gold class wax paste shit ... that works good as hell too ... makes my car (green) look black when its all done once its done i'ma try the zymoil stuff.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
yea i think you will enjoy zyomil..it is really great..though get the soap too..cause other soaps no matter hwo good they are they tend to strip zyomil..i learnd this through expericance.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
oomuskablindoo said:
Meguairs gold class wax is good ... and that goes with just about anything meguairs.
Meguairs Gold Class Wax is the best stuff on the market. There's a reason why a 16 oz bottle costs about $10-12. I use it on my car, my gfs car, and its the only wax my friend uses on his 94 Viper R/T-10. He let me touch the paint once on the Viper. WOW!! It felt like someone had just poured canola oil on the paint. It was so slick!

MEGUIARS GOLD CLASS! I use to use #26 yellow by Meguiars, but then I found the Gold Class. I found a 32oz bottle of it for $4.77 at Costco a couple of years ago. I was like, "Sweet! Gimme sum moe!"

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
the reason i dont use meguires ne mroe is that it doesnt last as long. thats the thing i hated about it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i use gold class it gives a deep look and just looks really sharp i just hate the way it comes off it leaves a oily look that pisse's me off cause its hard as hell to get off

·
Registered
500 Posts
uoboarder said:
Meguairs Gold Class Wax is the best stuff on the market. There's a reason why a 16 oz bottle costs about $10-12. I use it on my car, my gfs car, and its the only wax my friend uses on his 94 Viper R/T-10. He let me touch the paint once on the Viper. WOW!! It felt like someone had just poured canola oil on the paint. It was so slick!

MEGUIARS GOLD CLASS! I use to use #26 yellow by Meguiars, but then I found the Gold Class. I found a 32oz bottle of it for $4.77 at Costco a couple of years ago. I was like, "Sweet! Gimme sum moe!"
the Yellow #26 is better than the Gold Class. theres a reason its the Professional Series. the Meguiars stuff in tan bottles is the best stuff Meguiars makes and it will compete with any wax out there. i use to use the Gold Class and now i use it on my moms Pathfinder and my car gets #26

you can make any car smooth as hell if you know what youre doin. its not just because its a Viper. i took all day to wax my car about 5 months ago and i couldnt keep a towel on the hood cause it would slide off. and the hood isnt slanted THAT much. just use a clay bar, polish, then a good wax and it will be smooth as hell. most of the rough stuff you feel will come off with a clay bar. clay bars are the greatest things i've ever used on my car. definitely worth the 4 hours it took to use it on my whole car

·
Registered
231 Posts
Zaino! www.ZainoBros.com its only mail-order but it is the best stuff out there...if u love your car you will definity love this...its a pain when you get started by everytime after its easy. you have to start out washing, claying, conditioning and then waxing...there are about 12 different zaino products. its well worth the $$

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
StylinAccord said:
Zaino! www.ZainoBros.com its only mail-order but it is the best stuff out there...if u love your car you will definity love this...its a pain when you get started by everytime after its easy. you have to start out washing, claying, conditioning and then waxing...there are about 12 different zaino products. its well worth the $$
hwo much is that stuff...since u live in cali (where?) buy one and ill pay u haha...i dont like buying online. let me know the price...

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
whoa

thanks guys...well after looking at all these website's im confused....so what is the process to wash your car now...

1.Wash/Shampoo
2. Dry
3. Wax
4. Polish

is this process correct? im asking because i have a car show coming up and i need it nice and bright!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Psikoticjed1 said:
question.....my car came with a protective clear coat...would it still be nice on the car?
Hell ya man, most all if not all waxes and polishes are clear coat safe. All of the Name brands are,safe to use on all finishes. But remember do not get cheep on the polishes and waxes, you get what you pay for!!!

-->>HToWnAccoRd

Try these steps

1.Wash/Shampoo/Dry
2. Paint cleaner/clay bar ( something to remove the rough containments, something not too abrasive though!)
3. Polish
4. Wax

you dont necessarally have to polish before you wax but thats how your supposed to do it. The logic is you want to enrich and polish the color and give it a deep shine, then you want to Protect the finish/clearcoat with a good wax. Thats all wax is supposed to do is Protect, its not a one-in-all wonder! There are multiple steps to having a show winning finish! Nothing but Meguairs touches my accord, but Zymol and a few others are worth mentioning.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Mr. Niceguy said:
Why the flame? That wasn't very nice Mr Niceguy. I was just making a comment at how slick the paint was. A lot of people seem to have their eyes in their finger tips. They have a habit of touching things they like. Honestly, if your friend own any ultra nice car like that would you touch the paint whenever you felt like it? I think not.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts