Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have a 97 Accord and i want to lower it cuz im sick of seein the gap in the fenders :mad . Is there any body out there that has lowered there 96-97 Accord for a good price and is extremely happy with the setup? im not sure exactly what to get. I want the best items for the best price. thanks in advance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,608 Posts
5gcord97 said:
Well i have a 97 Accord and i want to lower it cuz im sick of seein the gap in the fenders :mad . Is there any body out there that has lowered there 96-97 Accord for a good price and is extremely happy with the setup? im not sure exactly what to get. I want the best items for the best price. thanks in advance.

eibach prokit..

check out groupbuycenter.com or even ebay.

good luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
772 Posts
i liked my Neuspeed Sport / tokico Blues set up, costed me 600 bucks, over paid for it, if i could go back and do it again i would gotten the Apexi WS coil over system or somthing. about the same price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,742 Posts
i like neuspeed springs alot, they ride amazing especially on newer stock struts. one word of advice is to not get anything like Dropzone. I have dropzone coilovers and struts..the struts are ok but the coilovers just tend to slip. I have to jack my car back up so I can reset the springs inside the strut tower (sounds like I have a colony of rats in my suspension haha)
soon I will be either getting Groundcontrol coilovers or Neuspeed springs and Tokico struts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
887 Posts
H&R Sports, just about a 2". Real quality product and cost less then eibach, $145 shipped ebay. KYB AGX adjustible shocks, very very good shocks and can be found on ebay for $300, usually are MUCH more expensive. This is the setup that i got and i'm VERY happy with. Might keep in mind that you might need a camber kit, and such.

http://www.carreview.com/reviewscrx.aspx

Thats a site where you can find out what other people thought about these products, you'll see that they're one of the best.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
I ahd a 2000 with Ground Control Coilovers!!! I loved it!!! Wasnt too bouncy!!! But I would definately suggest getting ingalls camber kit with your springs. Will save u money in the long run.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,896 Posts
one of the few..one of the proud...omnipower..grab'em while you can =)

i got them for $625? 650? 600? can't remember..i posted a review on them if you wanna look them up
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,763 Posts
5gcord97 said:
Well i have a 97 Accord and i want to lower it cuz im sick of seein the gap in the fenders :mad . Is there any body out there that has lowered there 96-97 Accord for a good price and is extremely happy with the setup? im not sure exactly what to get. I want the best items for the best price. thanks in advance.
Eibach Pro Kit should be ok with OEM springs, but even still ide recommend getting new shocks. the OEM shocks are just sooo soft and cant really handle being compressed all the time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
772 Posts
FlySly54 said:
H&R Sports, just about a 2". Real quality product and cost less then eibach, $145 shipped ebay. KYB AGX adjustible shocks, very very good shocks and can be found on ebay for $300, usually are MUCH more expensive. This is the setup that i got and i'm VERY happy with. Might keep in mind that you might need a camber kit, and such.

http://www.carreview.com/reviewscrx.aspx

Thats a site where you can find out what other people thought about these products, you'll see that they're one of the best.
i'm pretty sure the H&R Sport Springs are only 1.5" drop the race spring is 2.25" drop
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,608 Posts
for me anything lower than 1.5" is just way too low..

i had eibach sportline on my accord, it was just way to low so i changed it to the pro kit~~ muuuch better
 

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
Joined
·
21,367 Posts
check out the part review forum here on superhonda :tu
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
936 Posts
Here's something i dont quite understand. I will get an eibach pro kit, but about struts/shocks. What are struts and shocks and how are they different? Are they the same? b/c ppl use those terms inversely. :confused i got a 1992 Honda Accord LX btw
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gosei_Passion said:
i like neuspeed springs alot, they ride amazing especially on newer stock struts. one word of advice is to not get anything like Dropzone. I have dropzone coilovers and struts..the struts are ok but the coilovers just tend to slip. I have to jack my car back up so I can reset the springs inside the strut tower (sounds like I have a colony of rats in my suspension haha)
soon I will be either getting Groundcontrol coilovers or Neuspeed springs and Tokico struts

Man thanks for the info on those cuz i saw a great deal on those on e bay and was bout to get them but wasnt sure about how good they were. Thats real good to know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,608 Posts
i97supratti said:
Here's something i dont quite understand. I will get an eibach pro kit, but about struts/shocks. What are struts and shocks and how are they different? Are they the same? b/c ppl use those terms inversely. :confused i got a 1992 Honda Accord LX btw

samething~ doctor...physician::shocks...struts
 

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
Joined
·
21,367 Posts
sturts go up in the middle of the spring combo....like what your accord has.

shocks are independant from the spring...mostly found on the back of trucks.



this design utilizes both strut and shocks...but the main absorber is the shocks, the strut here just helps the spring stay at a certain length.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
936 Posts
so my accord has struts on all four wheels? so all i need are 4 springs, probably gonna be an EiBach pro kit, and 4 struts? what kind of struts do u recommend?
 

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
Joined
·
21,367 Posts
depends on what you plan on doing. Tokico Blues are awesome daily driving struts and can be pretty aggressive too. Koni Yellows are on the other side of the spectrum if you want some performance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
887 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
depends on what you plan on doing. Tokico Blues are awesome daily driving struts
I'm sorry but i heard some bad bad stuff about Tokico Blues. Many say that they are way too hursh and bouncy in the front.

Cryogen97 stated: TOKICOs, well, I say they blow balls. I have grown to hate them the more I ride on them.. no offense to anyone with tokicos but they are best used in a low stress situation, IE with prokits that are on there solely for looks. However, If you choose tokicos for money, I would highly suggest getting the illuminas over the blues, so you can stiffen them up.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top