Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what is the best wing for a REX. I perosnally like the APR GT1 wing. (Its the wing thats on the eclipse in a F & F.) Most people tend to hate them though. I think that they are tight. but I would like other people's opinions on the best looking eings for REXs.

·
Registered
794 Posts
i got a wings west wail tail

havent put it on the car yet, but its a nice low wing, thats not common.actually i never seen one around here

·
Registered
29 Posts
I myself like the really small one that hugs the hatch, kinda reminds me or the stock look of the 88-89 CRX.
The wings west M3 style or the wings west whale tail

http://www.wingswest.com/

they both have a respectable look, unlike those hidious 4' high wings that do absolutely nothing for your car, except probably slow you down

·
Registered
455 Posts
Adding a wing will just add weight and slow you down... why do you need downforce for the rear wheels in a FF vechicle? And you probaly wont go fast enuf around corners to make good use of the wing... Use the money to refill the NOS bottle....:D

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
i had a wings west whaletail in the rear.....then i did body work and put it on stilts....now its off and im designing my own wing that i will make. itll probly look similar to the apr drag wing.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would have to say no wing at all. Persoanlly I just like the stubby back end of the crx. Besides, I don't really go for the the flashy stuff. If I did have to go with one, I'd say the SiR wing is good. It's oem and was made for that car.

·
Registered
84 Posts
mugen wing is the only wing that I think looked good on a crx...

·
Registered
29 Posts
I do agree no spoiler looks best but,
if you feel the need to spend money on your car.
why not drop that $200 into some other area.
thngs that actually increase performance. like a CAI etc.. if your gonna spend them money it mine as well be money well spent

·
Registered
467 Posts
SiR wing is the best and the 2nd best is the Si/M3. I'm gonna be puttin on an SiR spoiler if I can get it for cheap other wise its lookin like the M3.
Whale is nice but w/o a kit it looks like ass.
My 2 Cents.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I agree a wing is un needed, but sometime It dosent hurt to stick a style part here ant there. I have the ww whale tail, and love it, I also like the ef8 wing. my 2 cents.

·
Registered
442 Posts
obiously, I am not going to down the big "F&F" wing, so...

If you like the Drag wing or what ever - GET IT

just remember its your car so go with what you like.

personally I like the aluminum wing(changing soon though)

If every CRX starts looking the same, I am going to start blowing shit up!!!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
alter the SiR a bit ;)

best bet:

take off the rear window wiper thingie, it's useless anywayz...
get yourself a SiR wing... and fill up the part they left out for that damn wiper...

All done ;)

me and my advice... still gotta remove the wiper...

·
Banned
1,529 Posts
I have a CM Racing Cali wing.. it's really cool. but it's on my 1st gen and they are little more boxy than the 2nd gens so it may not look as good. I think you should go with an aluminum style wing

if you want to put a wing on the CRX the SiR is prolly the best if you don't do the aluminum thing. I wouldn't ever say not to put a wing on the CRX cause NO SHIT it's useless, SO IS PAINT, yet everyone here paints their cars.. what the hell? dude.. don't paint your cars.. it just adds weight and it doesn't make you go any faster.. how dumb is that?

ok.. just venting.. nothing personal

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.