Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have to know what the deal is with the whole attitude thing? arent we all racers? isnt it a fun thing to do and nice to meet new people? i was at the dyno shop last month getting ready to dyno a car that i built for a customer, and i had to wait for a kid to get his car done. so as were watching the shop techs i ask him what he has done to the seemingly stock prelude on the dyno. he goes on to tell me all about his jackson racing super charger and all his other computer, and exhaust mods. i thought it was a respectable setup, right up until he asked me what i was going to dyno. i told him that it was a 1992 corvette with a well built motor, and a mild sounding exhaust. he kind ofblew me off and went off to talk to some one at the shop. they ran his car, 240ish hp at the wheels. i though to my self that it was a pretty good showing. and i was totaly discusted when he returned after paying for his run, and started telling his friends on his cell that he was waiting for me to finish dynoing my car so he could race me. he was bragging it up that he was about to destroy a corvette in a little while. so the vette gets dynoed and they made 3 pulls best of them being 537hp, and 659ftlbs of tq. this car has all the internal mods it can have, pistons, cam, rods, crank, heads, and intake manifold. the car also sports a vortech S-Trim super charge, pushing 14psi of boost, hooker headers and a borla exhaust. it also has a spec stage 4 clutch and flywheel. so i leave the shop, head out on the TPK to drive it back to my shop to finish it up. he follows me in his prelude. he just keeps revving beside me and beeping his horn and pointing infront of him. so i shrug, drop it into 3rd and nail the gass, i left a few feet of rubber, and quite a bit of tire smoke and let off when i hit 135. 5 mins later this guy rips past me with his 4 ways on giving me the finger and beeping at me. WTF? i just dont get it

·
Registered
287 Posts
its ok man not everyone that drives a honda is a ricer like that guy i wouldnt let it get to you he prob had penis envy and nice #'s btw :)

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
He was probably just pissed 'cause he realized that his car was a slow POS compared to yours. Some dumb punks never really get it.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
crucifudge said:
you shoulda let him win. Then when he goes off and tells his friend they'll all just laugh at him when he says he beat a vette. haha.
HAHAHA! That's true! Then they'll tell him to prove it...so when he hits you up to race him again, you can just completely ruin him infront of all his friends, and they'll make fun of him even more.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Hmmmm.... I don't know too many peeps that would be so disrespectful especially after having a friendly chat with you. Maybe there was a personality conflict?

I think you should have just ignored him in the first place. As the saying goes: "No replacement for displacement". No need to give him the satisfaction of showing him your car's true potential. Just my $.02. ;)

·
Registered
346 Posts
I think if I just got off the dyno after dynoing those numbers I wouldn't even waste my time with a 240 hp prelude. I would have let him win then when he wants to race again put some money on it. Its pretty funny how he just flys by 5 minutes later.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for all the props on the car, like i said its a customer car, and a good personal friend at that. i probably shouldnt have thrown down like that, but my name is on the car (on the rear window so people can see it when it passes) i just wanted to show him what a little american muscle can do

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
[email protected]'92che said:
thanks for all the props on the car, like i said its a customer car, and a good personal friend at that. i probably shouldnt have thrown down like that, but my name is on the car (on the rear window so people can see it when it passes) i just wanted to show him what a little american muscle can do
I feel ya man. A friend of mine owns/used to own a performance shop too. He specializes in muscle cars, but has opened the doors to work on imports as well because it'd be ignorant not to. Money is money after all. But ya, when I was sporting his sticker on my car, I would take up races simply because I felt I couldn't let down the shop I help out at.

When it comes down to it, there's all kinds of people in this world. I'm sorry such a lame kid gave you a bad impression of the import community over all. You were right in your initial statement. We're all car lovers. Why do some have to be so arrogant and closed minded to only be willing to respect their own genre of cars.

It is cool of you by the way to take the time to sign up and hang out.

·
Registered
346 Posts
NoRice4u2Day said:
i hope there arnt alot of those people out there. people are sad these days... i havent met someone that arrogant.
Where Im from there is a lot of people like that. I've raced people in the work truck (F-350 Power Stroke with a dumb truck) and they just fly past me after I beat them with a finger out the window. Its kind of funny.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.