Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so my cousin has this CRX with this tranny only up to 4th gear that supposedly is from a VTEC Del Sol... it doesnt even has the space for the 5th if u try to get it in... but last saturday we couldnt get the reverse to come in... we're starting to think that it MAY have 5th but the tranny's all fucked up...

Quiestions:

Is there a del Sol tranny with only 4 gears?
Could it have the 5th gear working? because reverse felt like the 5th that didnt work earlier...

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
mr_kaneda_sir said:
Ok, so my cousin has this CRX with this tranny only up to 4th gear that supposedly is from a VTEC Del Sol... it doesnt even has the space for the 5th if u try to get it in... but last saturday we couldnt get the reverse to come in... we're starting to think that it MAY have 5th but the tranny's all fucked up...

Quiestions:

Is there a del Sol tranny with only 4 gears?
Could it have the 5th gear working? because reverse felt like the 5th that didnt work earlier...

sounds like he has a fucked up tranny, there were no 4 speed manual del sols and if he had a del sol tranny he would need to do a hydraulic conversion

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: What's the deal with this transmission?!

temp03 said:
sounds like he has a fucked up tranny, there were no 4 speed manual del sols and if he had a del sol tranny he would need to do a hydraulic conversion
That's what we thought... but the guy who sold it to his cousin I think, from which my cousin bought it... said that the gears were bigger, that you could revv it more than usual. He also started bragging on how he beat a Neon and a Tiburon, but he was a lil drunk... but since my cousin has had another 4 CRX's he did notice that the gears were really bigger... weird shyt uh?

Is there like a code on the transmission to know where did it came from?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Re: Re: Re: What's the deal with this transmission?!

mr_kaneda_sir said:
That's what we thought... but the guy who sold it to his cousin I think, from which my cousin bought it... said that the gears were bigger, that you could revv it more than usual. He also started bragging on how he beat a Neon and a Tiburon, but he was a lil drunk... but since my cousin has had another 4 CRX's he did notice that the gears were really bigger... weird shyt uh?

Is there like a code on the transmission to know where did it came from?
what engine is in the car? and beating a neon and a tiburon is nothing to brag about

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: Re: Re: What's the deal with this transmission?!

temp03 said:
what engine is in the car? and beating a neon and a tiburon is nothing to brag about
i know a neon and a tiburon is not really much tu brag about, but as I said, that's what the previous owner said, and those two cars, the neon (around '95) and the tiburon (like a '00) belong to some guys that think they can beat anyone... except maybe a CRX with a fucked up transmission hehe

It has the original engine. what is it? D16? correct me if I'm wrong

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What's the deal with this transmission?!

mr_kaneda_sir said:
i know a neon and a tiburon is not really much tu brag about, but as I said, that's what the previous owner said, and those two cars, the neon (around '95) and the tiburon (like a '00) belong to some guys that think they can beat anyone... except maybe a CRX with a fucked up transmission hehe

It has the original engine. what is it? D16? correct me if I'm wrong
chances are its not a DEL SOL tranny

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
i think that a CRX DX could beat any of those cars easily.

Tiburons are pieces of crap.
The best model has like 180 hp or something, but it's a huge ass car.

And why would you want bigger gears? THe only reason for getting longer gears is maybe if you are gonna turbo it.
Otherwise it makes the car a lot slower.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
gurusan said:
i think that a CRX DX could beat any of those cars easily.

Tiburons are pieces of crap.
The best model has like 180 hp or something, but it's a huge ass car.

And why would you want bigger gears? THe only reason for getting longer gears is maybe if you are gonna turbo it.
Otherwise it makes the car a lot slower.

more top speed though

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
i can make any tranny 4 speed.....LOL

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
phan said:
lol, oh yes. ooooooooooh and have i got some stuff for you. i went on a little spending spree yesterday. :eek:

show me show me show me show me

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
1. sprint hart cp's

2. cusco front lower tie bar

3. neuspeed front tower strut bar

4. da integra rear sway bar

5. mugen shiftknob (black)

only thing is...the guy i'm buying the sprint hart's from, only has 3 wheels...i have to go looking for a 4th. i'm getting a KICK ASS deal on them, so i can't pass up on them, even if there are only 3...:tu:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
and this weekend, i might buy:
j's racing cf canards

and i'm thinking about the j's racing fender flares...not sure yet about these though.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
better hope the front lower tie bar will fit........cool shit, pix when installed, last night my seat and steering wheel came, installed the steering wheel was going to do the seat but i need the 88 CRX seat belt buckle to use the OEM seat belt

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey, this past weekend we got a new donor! hehe we got an integra, im not sure about what year is it but it's a quad-lamp GS... what parts are useful to put on the CRX?
the engine, the tranny? the seats? maybe the back seats? what else? brakes? suspension?

the integra is running but since we live in mexico, actually, right next to el paso, tx, it would be a lot of trouble to import the integra to mexico and pay for the plates.... or... u can have a b18 on the CRX we already have....

bottom line is that keeping the integra is no longer a choice...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts