Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the difference between the CL type s and the TL type S. Does the CL type s not come with four doors?

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
what the... said:
What's the difference between the CL type s and the TL type S. Does the CL type s not come with four doors?
mainly CL 2 doors only. TL 4 doors.
i think acura will cancel production of the CL this yeat, so there will be no more CL.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Re: Re: What's the difference

divinewisdom said:
mainly CL 2 doors only. TL 4 doors.
i think acura will cancel production of the CL this yeat, so there will be no more CL.
yes this is true...also rumour is that the Type S line will discontinue on the TL as well...not to sure about the RSX.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Re: Re: Re: What's the difference

ALL C5 said:
yes this is true...also rumour is that the Type S line will discontinue on the TL as well...not to sure about the RSX.
yeap. there is only one version of the TL now. the new TL has 270HP, thats 5 more HP than the previous S version. ;)
its unlikely that they will kill off the RSX-S, unless they bring the R over with 220HP.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: What's the difference

divinewisdom said:
yeap. there is only one version of the TL now. the new TL has 270HP, thats 5 more HP than the previous S version. ;)
its unlikely that they will kill off the RSX-S, unless they bring the R over with 220HP.
Actually, the 03 TL-S has 260HP. The new one has 270. Increase of 10. They achieve this by use of a factory Cold Air Intake, and increasing the compression ratio over the 03 model from 11.0:1 to 11.5:1.

Yes the CL is a 2door coupe, the TL is a 4door sedan. And they will be discontinuing the type S model. They will come out with a factory installed A-Spec package that will add 18x8 wheels, ASpec badging, an ASpec steering wheel, different tires, and some other things .. but nothing that ups the power. Pricing on the A-Spec package dealer installed is like 5000$. Not worth it IMO. In a few years an S type might come, when\if they introduce another two door coupe to replace the CL that has been discontinued.

As far as killing off the RSX-S, they won't .. instead they are actually phasing out production of the RSX all together. Acura is trying to lose their young image and appear a little more upscale. The RSX is too much of a "young" car .. so by phasing this out, and putting out the 04 TL and the new version of the RL that will be out next year, they hope to gain that upscale image.

The new RL will be 300HP with the aid of a gasoline \ electric hybrid engine, and have standard AWD system.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What's the difference

03CL Type S said:
Actually, the 03 TL-S has 260HP. The new one has 270. Increase of 10. They achieve this by use of a factory Cold Air Intake, and increasing the compression ratio over the 03 model from 11.0:1 to 11.5:1.

Yes the CL is a 2door coupe, the TL is a 4door sedan. And they will be discontinuing the type S model. They will come out with a factory installed A-Spec package that will add 18x8 wheels, ASpec badging, an ASpec steering wheel, different tires, and some other things .. but nothing that ups the power. Pricing on the A-Spec package dealer installed is like 5000$. Not worth it IMO. In a few years an S type might come, when\if they introduce another two door coupe to replace the CL that has been discontinued.

As far as killing off the RSX-S, they won't .. instead they are actually phasing out production of the RSX all together. Acura is trying to lose their young image and appear a little more upscale. The RSX is too much of a "young" car .. so by phasing this out, and putting out the 04 TL and the new version of the RL that will be out next year, they hope to gain that upscale image.

The new RL will be 300HP with the aid of a gasoline \ electric hybrid engine, and have standard AWD system.
you are thinking about the A-spec optional add-ons from factory. honda also has an A-spec concept at the LA autoshow last month. it has over 300HP.

read here for the entire thread in news/ruumors forum:
http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141329&highlight=aspec

theres also an article on the RL in news forum.
nice to see a CL owner.
:)

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What's the difference

divinewisdom said:
you are thinking about the A-spec optional add-ons from factory. honda also has an A-spec concept at the LA autoshow last month. it has over 300HP.

read here for the entire thread in news/ruumors forum:
http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141329&highlight=aspec

theres also an article on the RL in news forum.
nice to see a CL owner.
:)

EXACTLY what i was just going to say.
i stood there in front of this car for an unflinching 10 minutes.
the car is absolutely b e a utiful.
i dont like the integrated "Spoiler" though.
at least i dont like how they cut a little "rainbow" out of it i nthe middle to add the A emblem...

you guys see what im saying?:um
i mean..i wouldnt know wherer else to put the A.
but i just dont like it there..

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
IntegraTypeRice said:
The CL-S had an option for 6 speed as well while the TL-S did not.

The current TL now has a 6 speed now and has more hp than the CL-S and the TL-S
correct.
and now there isnt a "typeS" for the TL
and now there isnt a CL
and now i hate the RSX even more
and now i hate the RSX even more
and now i hete the RSX even more
and now i hate the RSX even more.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts

03CL Type S said:

So are you saying they won't kill the RSX-s, but will phase out the RSX all together, doesn't that mean Acura is going to kill the RSX.

So, then the TSX will now be the cheapest Acura in the next yr or so?

·
Registered
1,697 Posts

03CL Type S said:

im not going to believe that until i see it written by and from a reliable source.
a hybrid engine..
riding under the hood of acuras flagship...
i dont think so.
not now at least.
maybe by the end of this decade. maybe.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts