Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my personal best is 120mph. i know, i know, keep it on the track. i was all by myself on a straightaway that was at least 2-3 miles long. so please dont flame me for "not being safe" the only one i was endangering was myself, and i think that is my right :D

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
same - 120mph across the desert in my old '94 accord ex 5spd.

I tried topping out on the track but I could only get up to 80 before I had to turn...
But I am an advocate of keeping it safe people.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
in my ITR. maybe 150 or so. On my bike hahahaah like 170ish 165

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
druuuu said:
my personal best is 120mph. i know, i know, keep it on the track. i was all by myself on a straightaway that was at least 2-3 miles long. so please dont flame me for "not being safe" the only one i was endangering was myself, and i think that is my right :D
I've gone 120 or so in this car... on a track, in just a little more than 1/4 mile.
;)
I did top out my '95 Formula when I was a stupid teenager (somewhere >155, probably ~160).

·
Banned
619 Posts
In my 4 door ive only been 125 mph and its pulling at a good steady pace but have not yet toped it out. Now the fastest Ive been in my one of my cars was my old mazda at 140 mph and about 180 in my friends 550 rwhp camaro.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
was that camaro stock gearing? ive raced those things on the highway and seen them pooping out over 125-130. stock gearing in those things suck. lol

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
110mph :cry :cry :cry hopefully i can top out my GSR to 165mph lol. :ahh :nuts

·
Banned
619 Posts
man those maros must of had a blown head gaslet or something LMAO anyways this one is 550 rwhp and not sure on the gears but he hit like 177 and its a LS1

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
itr206 said:
was that camaro stock gearing? ive raced those things on the highway and seen them pooping out over 125-130. stock gearing in those things suck. lol
Eh? Gearing is just fine here. Not sure how fast it will really go (and not crazy enough to find out).

But it does get to 120 VERY quick (in around 14.5 sec from a dead stop) and would have no reason to stop until the lower 160-something speed limiter. In 5th gear it should pull to near red-line in the upper 170's with the limiter removed. 6th gear is far to overdriven to pull that high.

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
2daccord said:
yea but things look so much better in a convertable at those speeds. :D

anyways 150+ will be coming some day this summer hopefuly
i'll never go that high again unless im on a track. No need to do those kinda speeds on the street....its just asking for trouble

1 - 20 of 139 Posts