Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like what the title says...

My dad use to race in Austin all the time when I was like just born.

I have a home made chassis built off a bolink invader. 1/10
And a Tamya buggy. I forgot what it was called I think it’s a Hornet 1/10
Both from 86 or 87.

And they still run too, I have tracked down old parts so that they still run.
They have all Futaba electronics too. The two controllers are from the 80's as well.

Whats your oldest?

·
Registered
419 Posts
I have a Kyosho Ultima, the only original part is the gear box. All Novak electronics, full ball bearings(gear box,steering and wheels), Trinity Gagantua motor(82k rpms), flat graphite chassis, alloy camber kit, aluminum screws-bolts and some kind of gold shocks. If it ever hit you at full speed it would break your ankle.

·
Registered
419 Posts
My friend had a RC-10 by Associated. It nailed my friends car went airbourn and hit the side of my nieghbors car. 400 bucks in damage. Never found one the front tires.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I still have my old Midnight Pumkin from tamiya. Just went back to the rotary speed controller just for nostalgic purposes. Its awsome. Too bad my brothers Tamiya Lunchbox became the parts donor. We used to race for HOURS on end.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I started racing R/C back in '84. Ive had many cars and trucks over the years.
I have kept a few over years. I have a Tamiya Frog and Blackfoot. A very early RC-10. The first RC-10T. The First Losi truck. A Traxxas truck, 3 RC10L's, From Custom Works I have a Dominator, Enforcer and a Intimdator. From HPI a have many on-road cars for both road and oval racing.

I raced mostly mod classes. I still have many RecTech mod motors and at least 40 various stock motors with different timing advances. All my controllers were Futaba ie: Magnums, Magnums JR's.. The newest one is a 3PS from about '95.

I never like Tekin products in any way. I used all Novak all the time.

Now I've been racing go karts for the last 6 years.

Fred

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I got rid of it about 1 year ago, but the oldest I had a Mauri Big Bear from 1987!!

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
I havent had any Rc cars since shesh lets see here. About 17 or 18 :giggle

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
GotBoost98 said:
I havent had any Rc cars since shesh lets see here. About 17 or 18 :giggle
I have a gutted superlight T-Maxx that I use to race and a FW05 with an NSX body :)

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
my first was an electric hpi rs4, then i got a traxxas nitro sport to try out the nitro side of the playing field, then i got a nitro 4tec 2.5, it's all fun but it costs alot of money and takes alot of upkeep for how short you drive them lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
I collect vintage RC so I have a house full of old to new cars and trucks.My oldest are these three jerobee and jomac cars from 1979-1981

·
Registered
6 Posts
I still have my Futaba FX-10 from 1990! This is the only car they produced and it was strictly entry-level. That was my first real hobby R/C car. From there i got a MRC10ST and since then I have been Traxxas ever since! I also have the mags from back in 89 from RCCA!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I still have my Futaba FX-10 from 1990! This is the only car they produced and it was strictly entry-level. That was my first real hobby R/C car. From there i got a MRC10ST and since then I have been Traxxas ever since! I also have the mags from back in 89 from RCCA!
The FX-10 was'nt futaba's only car they also made the FX-T which I own pictured here.I have an FX-10 still sealed in the box and I want to build it sooooooooo bad,but I know what I'll do.Build it and never run it so it may as well stay sealed.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts