Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

isnt it supposed to be pretty straight? right after it hits the peak it dies out pretty quickly. this dyno was done a long time ago (last summer) btw. does my f22 tranny have anything to do with it?

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
wtf is with your torque dipping down to 60 ft-lb @ 4,8K?!?!??!? :confused :confused

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
when my car wasnt tuned it looked kinda like those... but all the charts i have from after tuning show that my torque doesnt drop down at all until after vtec hits....

and this may or may not mean anything, but the one that shows the torque dropping before vtec was on a dynojet and the others were on mustang dynos

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DOHCVTEC190 said:
seems normal to me. mine does the same. i forget did you dyno in 3rd or 4th gear and did you get the SAE corrected numbers?

here's mine for comparison:
the 3rd gear run was 178 and the 4th gear run was the 167. however i didnt get to do another run in 4th so it coulda been higher in another run.

i called the place back asked if they are corrected according to temp, humidity, etc. and they said yes its corrected. also that run was with 2 step colder plugs, and i hear they dyno at about 5 less hp.

when my car wasnt tuned it looked kinda like those... but all the charts i have from after tuning show that my torque doesnt drop down at all until after vtec hits....
why does it drop tho? isnt it the best when it stays flat?

What are your mods?
h22a1
f22 tranny
i/e/h/p
no egr and balance shaft belt
2 step colder plugs
walbro fuel pump

also this was completely untuned. if i get it tuned or get a chipped ecu with a basemap, will it not drop off as much?

·
Registered
335 Posts
i think its pretty normal. to be flat is what is desired but i think these are normal torque curves for our cars. dyno should be done in 4th gear. and your dyno is STD corrected fyi. there uncorrected numbers, then corrected: STD, SAE, etc. you can see what correction factor (CF) was used in the upper right hand corner. mine says CF: SAE Smoothing: 5. yours says CF: STD Smoothing: 5. this is just fyi. but i dont think you have anything to worry about really. keep modding :number1

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
idk, it should be corrected. i think the computer might jus do it by itself but it says std anyway. this is the dyno of the owner of the shop's 3000GT. i think he would at least correct it for himself if there was correction to be done. it says std like mine.

·
Registered
335 Posts
You're right your numbers are corrected, just with a different correction factor. "Most" go by SAE numbers (mine). Your's and your tuner's are STD numbers. It was just FYI anywho. But when you want to compare numbers just compare dyno graphs with the same type of correction factor.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Looks the same to me. The scales are just different. Your (DrivenVtec) torque drops off 15-20ft-lbs of torque from about 7500rpms to 8500rpms. 95hprelude's torque drops off 15-20ft-lbs of torque from 4000rpms to 5200rpms because of the untuned VTEC dip (normal b/c he's untuned) and drops off 15-20ft-lbs of torque from 5200rpms to redline. Still looks normal to me. You guys just have different power bands; hard to compare the two graphs.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
DrivinVtec said:
thats because the cam stops maken power that high. on the tq above it should be maken power at least to 6000 rms.

edit: never mind...hes untuned :bash
yes...completely untuned. i think im gonna get a p28 chipped ecu from phearable with a basemap soon to at least get it a little better. with a basemap hopefully my car will be nice enough and not really need to be tuned too much further

1 - 19 of 19 Posts