Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You hear anything good about them with basic setup?Just wondering, because they go for really cheap. 94 Acura integra gsr obd1

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Ebay ECU chips=rip/off

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
revharder said:
Ok,so they suck or don't work?
most of these ebay chips will make you run rich, advance your timing to who know's where, and disables CEL's. if this sounds like fun to you then go right ahead.

·
Registered
403 Posts
revharder said:
You hear anything good about them with basic setup?Just wondering, because they go for really cheap. 94 Acura integra gsr obd1
My friend had one on his 97 LS it made a difference but he is paying for it now cuz he floated a valve from taking it past redline so many times wit that chip in. I wouldnt recomend buying one...

·
Registered
23 Posts
that little resistor thing they sell on ebay you can buy in packages of 6 for a dollar at a electronics store and they essentially lie to the ecu as to what temperature the air is going into the engine. I don't remember if they tell it hot or cold or what the effect is but you do notice a small difference in power, atleast it feels like it and it seems to smooth out the power. However I used to use it at the strip and my best times were when I was not using it.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
amctmg said:
that little resistor thing they sell on ebay you can buy in packages of 6 for a dollar at a electronics store and they essentially lie to the ecu as to what temperature the air is going into the engine. I don't remember if they tell it hot or cold or what the effect is but you do notice a small difference in power, atleast it feels like it and it seems to smooth out the power. However I used to use it at the strip and my best times were when I was not using it.
it makes the ecu think the incoming air is colder than it actually is, in turn dumping in more fuel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts