Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so this past weekend i got my greddy header and apex ws exhaust on, HOWEVER i wanted to make or buy a test pipe to do a cat delete but all the test pipes i see online for preludes are perfectly straight AND my header does not line up straight with exhaust? i have all the stock hangers in their proper location and the exhaust sits straight in the heat shield area. the header (greddy) seems to be seated right, besides for the fact that the mounting plate that should bolt right above the oil pan is not connected (for some reason there is a good distance between the plate and holes, idk? but back to the test pipe question for those of you who have them, are yours straight? why are things not lined up?

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
904lude said:
ok so this past weekend i got my greddy header and apex ws exhaust on, HOWEVER i wanted to make or buy a test pipe to do a cat delete but all the test pipes i see online for preludes are perfectly straight AND my header does not line up straight with exhaust? i have all the stock hangers in their proper location and the exhaust sits straight in the heat shield area. the header (greddy) seems to be seated right, besides for the fact that the mounting plate that should bolt right above the oil pan is not connected (for some reason there is a good distance between the plate and holes, idk? but back to the test pipe question for those of you who have them, are yours straight? why are things not lined up?
You might need to weld on a flex pipe if they're not properly lined up.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the greddy header has a built in flex pipe but im not sure how much is safe for it to "flex", ive heard they can break if to much pressure is put on them. any more comments?a

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
904lude said:
the greddy header has a built in flex pipe but im not sure how much is safe for it to "flex", ive heard they can break if to much pressure is put on them. any more comments?a
About how far off are they apart?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its hard to tell but the downpipe sits higher and a little more to the left (looking toward the front of the car) than the exhaust flange, so the guys welded up a straight pipe with a VERY small upward angle near the first flange and then made it fit by flexing the downpipe the rest of the way. im not happy with the craftsmanship of the test pipe so i think im going to have another one made by someone else. it just seems like its pushing the exhaust side down more and makes the one flange bottom out on things such as speed bumps and driveways (mine).

when the new guys makes my down pipe i may have him add a hanger right next the the first flange on the catback and then weld a test pipe that bends more and causes as less stress on the flex pipe as possible. (wow if you read all that, thank you). suggestions? comments?

·
Registered
98 Posts
ok i have the greddy exhaust, and rsr catback

i put in an obx test pipe and it worked just fine. then i put on a random tech high flow. works fine. i dunno why you are having such problems

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I too have a greddy header and a apexi n1 exhaust with a resonated test pipe. Lines up just fine.

I have a question though, you do have your stock cat in right now correct? And it bolts up to the greddy header and the apexi exhaust just fine right.......Soooo you must just be imagining this. I mean unless you stock cat has a bend so that it lines up.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no, no cat here. right now i have a test pipe on there that was made by a friend who can weld, however it still doesnt bend right/enough and puts to much stress on everything else.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.