Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
never heard of them. unless you run single digits in the 1/4 mile i dont see the need for a unsprung clutch disk.

·
Registered
99 Posts
i have the 6 puck sprung version ordered from lsdmotorsports...looks to be pretty much the same setup.....grabs very quick and isnt that hard to push even tho its a heavy duty pp.....our hydraulic clutch system makes it easy for us anyways

·
Registered
99 Posts
ive had over 3500kms not noticed wear yet...but the hotter it gets the more it grabs......its holding 230ft/lbs now ....should be over 250ft/lbs when im done....i did buy the one for 300ft/lbs so i'll be ok...

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nslude said:
ive had over 3500kms not noticed wear yet...but the hotter it gets the more it grabs......its holding 230ft/lbs now ....should be over 250ft/lbs when im done....i did buy the one for 300ft/lbs so i'll be ok...
i need the one for 400-500 :ninja i might end up buying one of these. i just hope it doesnt crap out. :(

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Well, the clutch has fewer parts to break with an un-sprung hub... BUT, you add some SERIOUS drivability issues with no spring, as well as putting a ton more peak tq through the gears. That will definitely make your gears more prone to shattering if they are stock.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
DrivinVtec said:
yeah that is true. :(
In case there's some confusion, I don't mean more torque just because it doesn't slip. I mean the massive torque pulses your engine creates are not really dampened any more. The difference is in triple digit percentages I'm sure.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
Nathan123 said:
Well, the clutch has fewer parts to break with an un-sprung hub... BUT, you add some SERIOUS drivability issues with no spring, as well as putting a ton more peak tq through the gears. That will definitely make your gears more prone to shattering if they are stock.

true. The problem with using a puck style disc on a daily driver/street car is that they do not like to be slipped. As a result of trying to slip the clutch,the friction material is very hard on the pressure plate and flywheel surfaces with which they come into contact with. In addition if driven very agressively, they can accelerate wear on the driveline components. My recommendation is to use the street disc,it's a lot cheaper to change discs than it is to replace/rebuild transmissions.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.