Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious... anybody in here know how many inches must i lower the vehicle, allowing 1 finger spacing between the fender and the tired? (riding on 15" stock gsR fat 5' spokes) thank you.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Im runnin 17's with 204/40 tire with a 2.5" drop front and rear...i have about a finger of wheel gap...i would say 2.5" should be about right!..i dont think your gonna find any lower than that in a spring anyways.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool guys... thanks a million. i get charged like 50$ (a pair) of springs i put on/remove.

how long have you had them on? i notice springs tend to settle about 1/2 an inche after a while?

·
Registered
39 Posts
allshownogo said:
cool guys... thanks a million. i get charged like 50$ (a pair) of springs i put on/remove.

how long have you had them on? i notice springs tend to settle about 1/2 an inche after a while?
that's true and not true...

SOMETIMES they settle, from my experiances with my suspension techs. they slammed my car and never needed to settle, however i've had some neuspeeds on my car before and they took about 2 days to settle and it lowered it anohter half inch at most.

50 bucks aint bad, i did mine myself, was tough had a couple buds work with me

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i had ST's on my accord. 2 inches to start 2.5 as we speak. sounds good though... maybe i should get used springs? solve my problem. ahh

·
Registered
232 Posts
2.5 inches is about right for a 1 finger gap.....or you could dump it about 3.5 and tuck 14s :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts