Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to know if my car is running properly or not. I was averaging roughly 37-40 miles a gallon my d15 but lately i been seeing like 31-33 miles gallon.

What are you guys getting?

·
Registered
25 Posts
...MPG

While not enough miles to be totally accurate, I checked our "new to us" '97 SOHC on the first 1/2 tank...mostly in town driving @ 32 MPG. I'm hoping for significantly better overall and combining with some highway use. Mc

·
Registered
811 Posts
just wanted to know if my car is running properly or not. I was averaging roughly 37-40 miles a gallon my d15 but lately i been seeing like 31-33 miles gallon.

What are you guys getting?
You should be in the high 30s. Check you plugs, wires, air filter, fuel filter, tire pressure. those things make a big difference in mpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
im getting 20-21mpg :(..im still in the process of finding out the problem..i have a jackson racing supercharger and fuel pressure at around 38psi? and intake..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not to go off topic but does the car run pretty good with the jrsc
actually yes it does, the car accelerates smoothly and fast. i can feel the surge of power around 2k rpm and up but dies down around 6-6.5k rpm. i bought my Sol used and it has a mere 1.6 SOHC engine so i believe with the JRSC it gives it a few more hp. compared to my Evo the car doesn't pull hard but thats to be expected since one is supercharged and doesnt have much hp and the other is turbo'd with much more hp. also i think the previous owner got a chip for the ECU, i havn't checked it out yet but i will check it out soon. i wasn't aware that i have to unbolt the glove compartment to get to the ECU in Hondas. :p

back on topic, i have noticed that my fuel gauge doesn't read accurately. i filled up my tank with Chevron 91oct(CA piss gas) to the point where gas was spilling out and was all over the side of my car. and still the gauge was reading just below the full tank line. here's a pic of it. and is anyone getting the same reading as me?

·
Registered
11 Posts
38psi??? i hope thats your tires and not boost!!!
hmmm...as far as i remember and if you look up at my post i did state the fact that it is my "fuel" pressure. i am not a newbie at forced induction, although i am a newbie when it comes to hondas. i am unsure of the that 38psi fuel pressure hence why it has a question mark. the previous owner installed the JRSC and told me all the details but i really didn't pay close attention to the fuel pressure and such, i was more interested in how healthy the engine was and how much mpg i would be getting since my Evo 9(425awhp) only gets average of 15-17mpg.. im quite sad to see that im only getting around 20-22mpg on the del sol. :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
well i was getting about 35MPG and 40MPG with a tune up, but after i installed the headers with out a O2 sensor im getting about 25MPG. RUNNING RICH.

·
Registered
65 Posts
actually yes it does, the car accelerates smoothly and fast. i can feel the surge of power around 2k rpm and up but dies down around 6-6.5k rpm. i bought my Sol used and it has a mere 1.6 SOHC engine so i believe with the JRSC it gives it a few more hp. compared to my Evo the car doesn't pull hard but thats to be expected since one is supercharged and doesnt have much hp and the other is turbo'd with much more hp. also i think the previous owner got a chip for the ECU, i havn't checked it out yet but i will check it out soon. i wasn't aware that i have to unbolt the glove compartment to get to the ECU in Hondas. :p

back on topic, i have noticed that my fuel gauge doesn't read accurately. i filled up my tank with Chevron 91oct(CA piss gas) to the point where gas was spilling out and was all over the side of my car. and still the gauge was reading just below the full tank line. here's a pic of it. and is anyone getting the same reading as me?

I have similar problem, my mpg gauge reads even lower than yours when tank is full. BTW i get around 35 mpg mixed driving. I have catback exhasut with stock air box. Please remove short ram or CAI shit from you car if u want good MPG. Those stupid things are only for noise. I found it very usefull for low end torque and mpg.

·
Registered
82 Posts
It really depends on how I drive it. Driving hard Ive seen as bad as 25mpg in town. On the highway Ive gotten around 40ish. But normal driving for me is around 30-35mpg. I hoping to get more once I get my y8 head installed and front lip out on the highway. This is on a y7 with 15in rims (195/50/15).

·
Registered
25 Posts
While not enough miles to be totally accurate, I checked our "new to us" '97 SOHC on the first 1/2 tank...mostly in town driving @ 32 MPG. I'm hoping for significantly better overall and combining with some highway use. Mc
Update: ...still getting 32 around town -- checked on a 200 mile Interstate drive and it got 45.4. I'm very happy!:)

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
:hehe The last time I filled up in the Sol, I did a test to see how many miles to the tank I could possibly get. Just to see what my exact MPG was. On my last tank, filling up with 93, I got 507.4 miles to the tank. SUCH a beautiful thing. I was actually shocked, considering I was racing at the track on that gas tank. As well as my car is turboed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts