Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

What's your next project car?

1K views 28 replies 23 participants last post by  AccOrDZteCh 
#1 ·
Since we're all Accord owners, I would like to know what everyone's think about next project car. I mean my 98 Accord is already reaching 110,000 miles and I don't know if I will still keep it for another year. Should I trade it for:

350Z?
WRX?
7th Gen. Accord?
upcomming Evo VII?
upcomming RX-8?
.....?

By the way, I'm a daily drive and love to have a performance car.

#2 ·
if i had a choice i would go w/ the rx-8 cause it rotary. and they look hella tight

#3 ·
With any luck, an r32 or r33 skyline. That'll be another 6 years or so. Maybe I'll be making enough as an intern to afford a r34 or r35, but that might be a few years after that.

#7 ·
well this is gonna be my 1st project i have a auto ex civic 93
and i'm gonna change the engine, make it a manual, and all the good shit, when i'm done with it i'm hoping to run 10's.
any opinons let me know.
or advice

#8 ·
my next project. oh boy dont get me started

92 Civic Hatch, B16 fully built block and head, turbo, stripped interior. oh boy. just thinkin of it makes me wanna sell my damn Accord

a nice little 11 second daily driven beast. i want the biggest piece of shit. lots of dents. just no rust. ugly lightweight wheels. yummy

anyone wanna buy my Accord?

#10 ·
Nissan 240sx S13. I'm getting into road course racing, and these things can hang with alot of bigger, more expensive cars. It's not gonna be a show car though. Stripped down, beatup, and damn fast.

#14 ·
Hey accordsiblin, my dad had a late 80s turbo wagon! It was a 89 750. That thing was sick! of course he sold it a long ass time ago. If i could start over i would get an eclipse gsx or gst. I have heard that with only about 1000 they can run 12s. I always wanted one like in the fast and the furious.

#16 ·
i was thinking of going to a 92-95 civic hatch and running b20/turbo or maybe all motor b18c5.. or.. since Supra's are getting cheaper year by year.. just going with a 97 Supra TT and beefing that up a little more..

#18 ·
ok, what the whole thing with drifting?

If you really wanna drift go build a sprint car for the dirt tracks. Or start rally racing.

Drifting on asphalt is pointless. It only slows you down. (of course there are exceptions, but very few.)

#19 ·
DSM DSM DSM DSM DSM

#20 ·
Mafioso said:
i was thinking of going to a 92-95 civic hatch and running b20/turbo or maybe all motor b18c5.. or.. since Supra's are getting cheaper year by year.. just going with a 97 Supra TT and beefing that up a little more..
Supras are getting cheaper? where i live theyre getting more expensive every year. there's a high demand for them and they dont make them anymore so there keeps getting to be less and less of them

prostreetdsm - DSM's can be very fast. but there are also a lot of parts that break a lot. most likely the tranny. my friend has a GSX. he just had the motor fully built and running on stock boost. whatever it is (14?). he made 474 hp to the wheels. hes gonna run the 1/8 this weekend running 30 lbs and 150 shot. it should be insane. running stock boost it is insanely fast. i cant imagine running 30 lbs and 150 shots. he may run under 10's in the 1/4

#22 ·
only the AWD trannies go out. now not like nothing can be said about hond a trannies. but aside from that the 4g63 motor is a near bullet proof motor.

#26 ·
hopefull project kars:

- factoryfive.com - cobra replica kit kar :D ... friends and I are saving up already, you want a project kar, try building one from the ground up!

- if I ever find one floating around the DFW area for around 2k... AE86... damn that shit would be phat as hell to drop like an s2k engine...

- when I finish college, or whenever I can amass the amount of money i need, audi s4... aww shiet..

Big dreams but imma bet that 2 out of 3 will come tru, but that kit kar fo sho... no doubt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.