Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I did a search already about my problem but didn't find exactly what I was looking for. My 97 civic pulls to the right on a level surface, probably from driving around on the bad roads in Quebec. I've also notice that both of my front winter tires are more worn on the inside. What does this suggest in terms of what needs to be aligned?

Thanks

·
Registered
130 Posts
instead of making a new thread ill ask it here.

my question was. after reading that website that was provided it said that camber can not be fixed if you have a front wheel drive car. my tires are bald on the inside threads. ( just like the picture of the camber), also my sway bar bolt is missing on my passanger side, could that have caused the camber??

thanks

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
most likely the TOE setting is out of spec. take it to an alignment shop and see what could be done. if you're lowered a lot you might need a camber kit.

·
Registered
130 Posts
stock suspension, atleast from my understanding, i havnt lowered it and i doubt the person i bought it from did. this is werid. i THINK it might be because of the sway bar of am i totaly wrong?

·
Registered
33,541 Posts
naw, the sway bar wouldnt put the alignment out of wack, like illeffect said, probably toe

·
Registered
130 Posts
toe? alright ill take a look at that in auto tomrrow, hopfully my class will have an alignment machine... thanks for the help

also has anyone heard of borg warner spark plug wires?

·
Registered
33,541 Posts
desii said:
toe? alright ill take a look at that in auto tomrrow, hopfully my class will have an alignment machine... thanks for the help

also has anyone heard of borg warner spark plug wires?
borg warner is mainly known for building tractor trailer transmissions, i have rebuilt a few, but their plugwires are decent, they will do their job

·
Registered
130 Posts
thanks, some good info here. i knew i heard the name some where. i got a bit weired out since it had a nascar logo on it but easy install...

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
BFK_SI_EG said:
borg warner is mainly known for building tractor trailer transmissions, i have rebuilt a few, but their plugwires are decent, they will do their job

i just found out that they make turbochargers also. one of my friends is building a 2g talon (shooting for 600whp) and he wants to use a borg warner turbocharger. i cant wait to see how it will do.

·
Registered
33,541 Posts
iLLeFFeKt CiViC said:
i just found out that they make turbochargers also. one of my friends is building a 2g talon (shooting for 600whp) and he wants to use a borg warner turbocharger. i cant wait to see how it will do.
should be badass, everything i have seen borg warner is a quality peice

1 - 12 of 12 Posts