Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately when I am driving with the windows down I have heard a squeaking every time the wheel rotates. And today driving home I noticed that when I was coming to a stop it seemed like there was something grabbing just a little if I was just rolling to a stop. Im thinking/ hoping its the wheel bearings and not a locked up caliper. anyone have any ideas?? The wheel bearing have prolly never been replaced and the chassie has 160k on it now.

·
Registered
351 Posts
My drivers side rear went out last october. It made a noise like a truck/ jeep with big offroad tires and definately felt like something was grabbing. It wouldnt matter if it was the caliper cus theyre both about the same price.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
About the same price?? I dunno about that, I work at Tires Plus as a salesmen and most other vehicle's wheel bearing are no where near the price of a new caliper. Im gonna have the mechanic at my shop look at it tomorrow, but it shouldnt really be close the price of a caliper. But thanks for the feedback, but mine def doesnt have a a truck type sound, so Im kinda lost here.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea im sure its not a cv joint, my right is only like 2 weeks old, and my left like one year old. When im stopping you can feel it in the steering wheel, it grabs and kinda lets off, grabs and lets off. Could that be warped rotors? I have powerslot rotors that are just about a year and a half old.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Do you have aluminum wheels? If so you have to torque all the lugs to the same ft/lb whenever you put a wheel back on or else your rotors WILL warp fast. Like in a week or two this could happen. But usually when you have warped rotors the steering wheel will shake and the car will pull to one side when braking so I dunno.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
EyelessH22 you were totally right about the wheel bearings. In fact, they arent just about the same, wheel bearings for the front are over a hundred bucks more than new calipers. A tip of the hat to you.

But the dragging seemed to go away today. I was at the beach for a few hours yesterday, and I remembered that this used to happen when I lived on the water. I think the salty air might be making a caliper stick a little. So if I do need to get new calipers, Im gonna either go with NSX or Spoon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.