Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
How wide is the rim/tire? That's a little on the high side but it might work depending on those factors.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
took to tire shop, they did not fit, had to have machined to fit on hub

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
MrFliGSR said:
To fit on the hub? That's weird... I would have thought they would fit just fine and that your main problem would be running on the inside... I have the same tire size and +45, I was about to tell you they'd probably be fine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the car was still in the air. so hopefully they won't rub when the car gets back on the ground, my car is LOW. The wheel would not mount falt to the hub. Even with spacers

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
MrFliGSR said:
The wheel would not mount falt to the hub. Even with spacers
Hmm I guess I just don't understand, doesn't make sense to me. You might rub, that would also depend on the stiffness of your springs/swaybars.

A higher positive number means the tire is set more to the inside. So a lower number would make the tire stick out more.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
MrFliGSR said:
Yeah I totally don't get what you are talking about either? Are you sure they machined the surface of the wheels wherer it mounts to the hub? Or was it the inside (centerbore) of the wheel?

Many aftermarket wheels have larger than normal centerbore to accomedate various makes of cars. Hence the necessity to use hubcentric rings to bring them back down to the OE hub.

Unless the wheels were used and warped some way or another, you shouldn't have to machine them.

However, glad you got it worked out. Just to keep in mind though, machining the hub surface of the wheels will effect offset as thats where the offset is calculated from.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes the centerbore was machined. Thanks, I am happy with the end result. The diameter of the centerbore of the wheel was no large enough for the hub

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
MrFliGSR said:
yes the centerbore was machined. Thanks, I am happy with the end result. The diameter of the centerbore of the wheel was no large enough for the hub
Thats what I was sassuming considering it shouldn't need any machining on the lip. If that was the case, rock on dude!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts