Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my steering wheel pulls to the right hard at all speeds,even in first gear, and at all speeds it shakes from side to side. is this an alignment problem or something more serious.
:confused:

·
Registered
179 Posts
sounds like an alignment problem if i ever heard one.....from my experience my car tends to go a little to the right when i launch, but not for normal driving.

·
Registered
127 Posts
It's definately a wheel alignment problem when you're driving (coasting with foot on accelerator) on a straight road and it still drifts to the right when your steering column is perfectly horizontal.

It could also mean you got some REALLY BAD wheel wear on one of your wheels and it's screwing up your alignment. Make sure to ROTATE your tires every 5000-7000 miles for even wear!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I worked in a tire bay for a while. It sounds like your tires might not be balanced properly, that causes cars to shake a bit especially when at very low speeds. As for the car veering right, that sounds like an alignment. Check the wear on your tire treads to see if one side is balding faster than the other.
-hope this helps

·
Registered
113 Posts
could be a few things... could be tire related, air pressure, wear on the tires, etc. It could be alignment... have you hit any curbs or potholes? It could even be torque steer... though in normal driving conditions this wouldn't occur, though on a launch it is quite possible, usually doesn't happen in front wheel drive cars unless there is enormous amounts of power. I have this problem and I thought it was an alignment problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts