Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any thoughts on wheel spacers. Anyone have them and what size did you use?

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
01preluder said:
very true but tires cost more than spacers.
are you lowered, if you are, you might have a problem with rubbing on the fenders. Especailly if you end up getting wheels.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i am lowered on 17" 215/40's i think i might be able to get a 5mm spacer. its raining so can't go measure.

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
back to the topic-

if you use wheel spacers, then your wheels really wont be hubcentric anymore, and you may get some funny tire wear-if you wanna put them on anyway, i think that eibach makes wheel spacers.

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
rnstein69 said:
back to the topic-

if you use wheel spacers, then your wheels really wont be hubcentric anymore, and you may get some funny tire wear-if you wanna put them on anyway, i think that eibach makes wheel spacers.
H&R also makes them.

and if you can find a set of spacers that includes hubcentric rings then that would be better than just spacers.

a mechanic at a local honda/acura shop said that if you get just spacers then you lose the hubcentric part and if you launch hard (he said mostly if you launch with nitrous or whatever) you can actually bend or even break the studs b/c the rings arent there. just something to think about

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
I say only get them for the rear, but wider tires+spacers might be a nice combination if you aren't dropped TOO much. I know someone who has them it looks as well as drives well. But I wouldn't say get them for the front, it's not necessary.

·
Registered
302 Posts
SpanishRicer said:
That's because wider tires help performance more than spacers :D

:clap Amen!

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
tha_con said:
I say only get them for the rear, but wider tires+spacers might be a nice combination if you aren't dropped TOO much. I know someone who has them it looks as well as drives well. But I wouldn't say get them for the front, it's not necessary.
thats what i was think about doing only getting them on the rear

1 - 20 of 24 Posts