Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
crdcz03 said:
H&R also makes them.

and if you can find a set of spacers that includes hubcentric rings then that would be better than just spacers.

a mechanic at a local honda/acura shop said that if you get just spacers then you lose the hubcentric part and if you launch hard (he said mostly if you launch with nitrous or whatever) you can actually bend or even break the studs b/c the rings arent there. just something to think about
I realize your not putting down a bigger contact patch with just spacers, but wouldnt a wider stance help a little in cornering and looks. Spacers are just like thick washers before puttin on your wheels, right? Btw, what are hubcentric rings? and how do they help? :confused

·
Registered
421 Posts
spacers...nay!
you're putting more strain on the stud with spacers whether you're using extended or stock studs(i believe you have to use longer studs). you're applying force further down the stud which, even though it may not seem like it'll do much, can add many times the amount of force a wheel is applying to the stud(just think of using an extension on a breaker bar). this in turn can prematurely wear the stud and possibly bend it causing gaps between the wheel-spacer-hub...and ultimately failure of the stud material in extreme cases.
i would stay away from spacers, especially if you like to launch hard and drive aggressively. a wider stance is of course more stable, but the addition of 10-20mm isn't going to do much with street setups. concentrate on the contact patch and sway bars if you want stability. i doubt you're going for all show, so i don't think the 10-20mm will really affect your look.

forgot: : :hub centering rings help center aftermarket wheels to your hubs as many wheels don't have the same bore as your stock. therefore the ring aligns your wheel properly for a snug fit. without them your wheel may be off-center and you know what that can do :eek

21 - 24 of 24 Posts